• Welcome to 205GTIDrivers.com!

Hello dear visitor! Feel free to browse but we invite you to register completely free of charge in order to enjoy the full functionality of the website.

Sign in to follow this  
simon205Mi16

205 Facelift Progress.

damien

get a ph1 306 bumper, was the best cockup i ever done

http://img379.imageshack.us/img379/8128/image2281ef.jpg

http://img379.imageshack.us/img379/6397/image1904ey.jpg

or a ppm rear

http://img379.imageshack.us/img379/9154/image2256xx.jpg

http://www.205gtidrivers.com/cars.php?user=damien2

sorry pics where abit big

Edited by damien

Guest ecosseroy

[rear arch looks a bit out of shape,iv never seen prep work like that before(primer)?is that the design off the paint job?or has he to prime the rest he wasted his time if he is priming the rest as u wil find theres a step in the paint now and if he primes over it u will c the line of primer thats there now!!!

Ollieb7
I'm trying to restrain myself, but i'm chomping at the bit. That front valance is possibly THE MOST hideous thing ever. It looks s*it on a 205. You want to go for something nice and agressive like a 309 valance or something from esquiss, the phoenix valance is an esquiss valance and looks spot on. Arch extensions, a decent front valance and no f***ing roof spoiler, they're just toss.

your car will look like this

http://cgi.ebay.co.uk/1987-PEUGEOT-205-GL-...1QQcmdZViewItem

with arches on. No offence but that car looks f***ing s*it and your car will look worse...

Deary me thats a bit strong - the guy is only taking the piss - no one in their right mind would really do that to their car - would they? I don't believe it!

simon205Mi16

That orange thing has now changed my mind on the front bumper it slopes in way too much at the bottom oh well back to the thinking board.

The rear arch i have beenm told is a standard thing onm the gti 205's and the primer is just a rough job at the mo its all getting sanded down etc again before respray..

jim205GTI

i am no longer a fan of bodykits and stuff but at the end of the day it is your car and your money so do what you like with it.................. you never know might win a few people over in here..................... :ph34r:

that focus orange is nice and the bluey purple colour the old one and the mk5 fiesta zetec s came in was nice :D

simon205Mi16
i am no longer a fan of bodykits and stuff but at the end of the day it is your car and your money so do what you like with it.................. you never know might win a few people over in here..................... :D

that focus orange is nice and the bluey purple colour the old one and the mk5 fiesta zetec s came in was nice :D

Im not a fan of ott bodykits, so hopefully it shall look nice when finished and hope a few others will appreciate the money and effort that has been put into it..

Yeah i have never thought of the old RS focus colour thats a good idea!!!! :ph34r:

Henry Yorke

I like the mix and match of bits of other Peugeots when it comes to bodykits etc. I was really impressed with Damiens 306 P1 front bumper when first saw it, as it looked pretty factory. a P3 would look a bit OTT with the round lights etc, unless you had a twin headlight conversion and then there would be too many rounds!. Look at the 306 rear bumper too as that has possibilities.

You are in a pickle with that rear arch I am afraid now the skirts have been smoothed in. I have seen a 205 XS with 106 GTI arches fitted and that looked well as they are not as bulky as the Rallye / Anteras arches, but they will need some interesting modding to get them to fit where they meet the skirts. Otherwise you would do best to fill in those arches with metal, but try and flare them to allow the wheels to fit :D

The Ruggari arches on the pic from the Ecosse site with the front valance on are really nice and subtle, but I think you have gone past that point now, and they are not cheap.

The spoiler looks pretty dated now to be honest as I remember these coming out around 1990. Look for something smooth and simple if you are going to have anything on the back. The rubber Gutmann ones are as rare as hens teeth now. If you want somethng chunky, then here is the possibility of an AX GT spoiler, but drill holes in the rear glass and mount it through there, not through the top of the tailgate!

I like a smooth 205, but would have planned out the whole car first before starting!! You will now be looking at load of other cars on the road for bits to pinch!

It would be boring going to a club meeting if all the cars were identical!! It would be like a walk round Ryton's carpark :ph34r:

simon205Mi16

Its fun making it up as you go along, although admittidly more complicated. I want my car to stand out rather than blend in with every other mass produced kits out there :ph34r:

Im not worried about dated 1990's looks cos thats when the car was built after all. dont want to make an old car look new.

C_W

I think some of the "advice" in this thread is good, Dr Suess probably suggests THE best looking front spoiler for the 205; a modified 309 bumper as it just looks deeper, more aggressive but inkeeping with the styling and looks almost factory (there are pictures of a dutch Lazer Green which looks fantastic).

Styling the 205 has been done to death over the past decade or so and apart from the odd one with a bodykit*, the standard looking ones with mild modifications look the best and "classier". Roof spoilers don't work IMO, the standard ones looks great, aftermarket ones look blobby and just rubbish I reckon and will make some people smirk hehe.

I'm sure that going over the top with spoilers and bumpers in a couple of years you might regret it if you go "too far" with the styling (I'm sure the owner of that hideous 5-door on ebay does, not to mention the money thrown at that).

Personally, I'd go for the Rallye arches and 309 front bumper and leave it at that.

*the St Tropez front spoiler :ph34r:

Edited by C_W

timmsy19

Styling the 205 has been done to death over the past decade or so and apart from the odd one with a bodykit*, the standard looking ones with mild modifications look the best and "classier". Roof spoilers don't work IMO, the standard ones looks great, aftermarket ones look blobby and just rubbish

I'm sure that going over the top with spoilers and bumpers in a couple of years you might regret it if you go "too far" with the styling (I'm sure the owner of that hideous 5-door on ebay does, not to mention the money thrown at that).

Personally, I'd go for the Rallye arches and 309 front bumper and leave it at that.

i would second that.

the 309 front like paintguys 205 but with rallye arches. maybe some subtle skirts and thats it

Edited by timmsy19

pugrallye

wheres ash? he runs a body kitted 205 in classic thundersaloon and its very very sexy

cybernck

i'd argue that there are several other models of spoilers that "suit 205 to the ground",

but i'll limit this statement to the old-school stuff which has actually been made to

suit the lines of the car, not just generic bumpers and skirts cut to suit.

i'd point out auto-tuning 93 kit (beautiful) and ruggeri arches (a break from standard looks).

the same goes for tailgate spoilers - there are some 205 specific, while most of them are

simply generic ones. on certain cars they work ok (with other spoilers) while on the others

they don't, from case to case.

then you could look at the wheel choice - many designs will look crap on an otherwise

standard 205 gti, but then again, original speedlines will look crap of a car that's kitted

and colour coded all-round.

the trouble with styling is that rarely anything these days is classy and stylish, most of

the stuff is over the top, one way or the other.

also, some cars "respond" better to visual tuning than the others (just compare 106's

and 306's against 205's).

at the end of the day, taste is purely individual thing... as long as it's not completely wrong :P.

Guest coxie1.9

the dude drives the car and if he likes it fair doo's ..

my rear arches on all 3 of my gti's are exactly the same as that under the plastic trim .. :P

not too keen on that bumper you first posted fella ..

am liking the phase 1 306 bumper tho .. considered the same with the phase 1 306 gti bumper . looks good

simon205Mi16

Yea that original bumper is now out of the window i dont like that at all now.

Buti am seriously considering the 306 option that looks exactly like what i am after.

Might have to look into therear bumper too though see how it could be done.

damien

got loads more pics if you need them (ph1 front bumper i mean)

simon205Mi16
got loads more pics if you need them (ph1 front bumper i mean)

If you gat them to hand that would be great mate. :unsure:

Im really liking that at the mo cheers.

Either post up here or could email them if you prefer!

Henry Yorke

The best 205 I saw was a grey French one in an old max power that was really smooth. I think the pictures were taken in front of the Eiffel tower.

The Gutmann / Peugeot spolier was neat but I haven't seen one for years now. Here are the pics of a couple I had on my cars back in the mid 90's

Gutmann 1

Gutmann 2

the yellow car also had the Fibresports Corsica front and rear bumper on which was not too bad

Fibresports front

Some kits last, some date. no one wants a gen Peugeot or Zender kit now, but the Gutmann racing look 2 was and is a classic. The St Tropez valance seems to have stood the test of time too. I do like the 309 bumper for proper old skool.

Wheel wise I like old 15" dishes

My wheels

Though the latest Peugeot wheels can look good

307 Apollo wheels

damien

http://www.poogiepugs.co.uk/205_CJ.zip

every pic i ever did of the 205 cab with the 306 bumper, its about 70mb so make yourself a cup of tea.

im liking them apollo wheels, im thinking about getting some for my gti6 -

3658_wheel2apollo.jpg

Edited by damien

simon205Mi16

Im not rreally a fan of those kits above too many angles for my liking sorry.

Im after something a lil smoother to match the car.

Thanks for those pics mate i shall have a nose later just off to strip my fiance's 2.0 nova ready for re-shelling.

Mad Professor

I started smooth my car about 3 years back, but stoped, and have not started it again. :)

simon205Mi16
I started smooth my car about 3 years back, but stoped, and have not started it again. :)

:(:o

Thats a very long running project :P:(

jshep205gti

That Gti6 needs lowering.

damien
That Gti6 needs lowering.

what more? why?

DaveW

no it dont, looks a nice hight to me, its the just his drive looks as its on a slope.

damien
no it dont, looks a nice hight to me, its the just his drive looks as its on a slope.

its the drive

00009185lp.th.jpg

Sign in to follow this