• Welcome to 205GTIDrivers.com!

Hello dear visitor! Feel free to browse but we invite you to register completely free of charge in order to enjoy the full functionality of the website.

Sign in to follow this  
simon205Mi16

205 Facelift Progress.

simon205Mi16

I have just got her back after being away for a littlwe while with my fiance's sisters boyfriend.

Have a look and let me know what you all think, Im also undecided on the colour as of yet so any ideas and pics would be great.....

205prog9.jpg

205prog17.jpg

http://i8.photobucket.com/albums/a9/simon205mi16/IMG029.jpg

http://i8.photobucket.com/albums/a9/simon205mi16/IMG025.jpg

edit due to image size. :lol:

Edited by pugtorque

ashley peddle

is that a fiesta? :lol:

ANDYGON

that doesnt look too bad mate. are you putting the side trim on again? the rear arch looks out of shape.

phase 2 rear lights next?

standard 1.9 or nimrod wheels would suit it nicley.

Ollieb7

Your right not to my taste - never mind whats more interesting is what have you being doing with your fiance's sisters boyfriend - infact if it's dodgy spare me the details! :lol::)

simon205Mi16

Is that a fiesta????????????????????????

Of course not!!!

No the side trim is staying off got some wide arches on order to fill the sides up a bit and as for the rear arch not really sure whats going on there took off the rear plastic arch and that was behind it.

Anyone else have this hiding behind there's??

ANDYGON

your rear arch should be rounder than that, it looks like its been hacked up at some point in its life.

i like the tinsel on the areil :lol:

Jonmurgie

The rear arch, that's what they are like on the GTi... cut higher to allow for the bigger wheels etc. and the trim covers up the fact they haven't bothered shaping the arch properly!! If you wanted a super smooth 205 then you should have started with a base model :lol:

your rear arch should be rounder than that, it looks like its been hacked up at some point in its life.

i like the tinsel on the areil :)

Nope, that's what GTi's are all like:

pic5.jpg

simon205Mi16
Your right not to my taste - never mind whats more interesting is what have you being doing with your fiance's sisters boyfriend - infact if it's dodgy spare me the details! :lol::)

I have had the car up my fiances sisters boyfriends workshop. He has done all the work

Ollieb7
I have had the car up my fiances sisters boyfriends workshop. He has done all the work

oo-er bit painful that one! :(

simon205Mi16

0003.jpg

0004.jpg

0002.jpg

0001.jpg

Some better pics

maturin23

Simon - it looks like you're doing a good job, but IMVHO these cars are just too old/classic to be doing stuff like this to them.

For me it's like buying a victorian house and trying to make it look like it was built yesterday by ripping all the fireplaces and plasterwork and sticking loads of glass in it. No matter how well executed I think it's a travesty and a sin against good design.

:(

damien

seems like your doing a good job but all that stuff is passed my age.

DaveW

yeah yeah dont listen to the boring farts on here, i like it nice an smooth but please dont fit gay bumpers to it ie jap :s

pugboyracer

Should be nice when its finished. I think it would suit a simple flat colour though, like white? I like the smoothed rear quarters. :(

ANDYGON

im guessing its gonna look a bit like the side of this one on ebay?

if it is then its a bad mod imo

Gavin Waddell

or this :(

Edited by pugtorque

Redtop

Spray it in the candy orange that the new 06 focus st220's come in. That colur is magic. Or a nice red maybe ferrari.

dee205

As long as you don't go sticking big gay snow plough bumpers and shopping trolley spoilers on it!

simon205Mi16

Definatly not going near any jap style bumpers, Think i may be going towrds being a serious CHAV!!!!

Going for the Mono Front bumper on Ecosse still not decided on rear bumper yet.

http://www.ecosse-peugeot.co.uk/show_product.asp?id=334

As for the side of the car it wont look too much like the one above the arches are the same stykle as standard but about twice as wide.

Colour wise im thinking of Banana yellow, Electric Blue or Purple as i love rthis colour and always have done.

Spoiler only going for something small like This......

http://www.ecosse-peugeot.co.uk/show_product.asp?id=1046

Thanks for all your opinions even though some dont like my styling ideas!!!!!!

i do really like that orange on the new focus ST

GLPoomobile

I think I'm one of the small minority on here who is open to body kits, as long as they compliment the car (but few do).

I like the arches and sill line so far, but it's difficult to appreciate in primer. The line of the wheel arch obviously needs rounding, though. Finding bumpers that will work with the design will be the tricky part as I find most aftermarket bumpers are too chav styled. Off the top of my head, the Ecosse Pheonix front valance is the only one I like.

1.9 Speedlines would not work. IMHO they are amazing wheels but only suited to the original body style. They look totally out of place when you have any sort of body kit on the car.

Lastly, you will always have people harping on about how the 205 is a classic and shouldn't be spoiled like this, yet it's perfectly acceptable to strip them out and rag the tits off them on track, or use them for rallying. And plenty of people on here would rather scrap a 205 and use a better starting point for a project rather than salvage the car they claim to love. We hardly class as 'classic car enthusiasts' yet, I think!

Edited by GLPoomobile

simon205Mi16

Some very good points there mate.

And i have found it very hard to find nice looking not chavish bumpers, and i have only yet found the front one still no luck with finding a rear one.

Im open to some opinions on rear bumpers if anyone has any ideas.

DrSeuss
Going for the Mono Front bumper on Ecosse still not decided on rear bumper yet.

http://www.ecosse-peugeot.co.uk/show_product.asp?id=334

Spoiler only going for something small like This......

http://www.ecosse-peugeot.co.uk/show_product.asp?id=1046

I'm trying to restrain myself, but i'm chomping at the bit. That front valance is possibly THE MOST hideous thing ever. It looks s*it on a 205. You want to go for something nice and agressive like a 309 valance or something from esquiss, the phoenix valance is an esquiss valance and looks spot on. Arch extensions, a decent front valance and no f***ing roof spoiler, they're just toss.

your car will look like this

http://cgi.ebay.co.uk/1987-PEUGEOT-205-GL-...1QQcmdZViewItem

with arches on. No offence but that car looks f***ing s*it and your car will look worse...

bennett418

body kits and the like and a funny thing, some suit the shape(rare) some look wrong,

when i had my mini, in my opinion the only kit that suited it was the Zeemax bodykit, suited the shape well.

but then we are all differnet!

cybernck

"facelift" - i was expecting to see a headlights conversion :).

TEKNOPUG

That front valance is all wrong mate.

Sign in to follow this