• Welcome to 205GTIDrivers.com!

Hello dear visitor! Feel free to browse but we invite you to register completely free of charge in order to enjoy the full functionality of the website.

Sign in to follow this  
kenan

Lower Strut Brace For Mi'd 205 Or 309

Miles

All 309's use a stud instead of bolt's as found on the 205 GTi, I know 205 XS's etc use the same method of mounting, I seem to remember them having a small rubber bush inside to help stop any virbrations etc come thru the chassis

Kev-G
Have you lowered the subframe on your car?

Pic. is of a 309 - As Miles states there are bushes on the 309 (either solid or rubber mounted) as per the basic 205 shells - The 309 only came with 1 set of chassis legs unlike the 205.

Of course the sub-frame flexes when pushed hard - It's not a closed structure as it's 'open' @ the front. Regardless of how strong it looks it's subject to tremendous pressures when cornering. Some cars ie. Saxo/106, Golf (Mk1 certainly) or Nova/Corsa don't have a sub-frame so have even less strength - The lower strut-brace puts in that missing strength. However, on a 205 it WILL help. Whether perceptable to the driver or not is another matter....

With regards to removing in the wet....nonsense - You want the SHELL to be as stiff as poss. to prevent ANY movement in the suspension (or indeed any) mounting points. You tune the handling with the suspension.... It's like saying that a race team will seam-weld a car for the dry and not for the wet.... -_-

It WILL fit a 205 Mi16 with an alloy sump @ the std. angle. It's £30 max. It DOES make a difference (whether noticed by the driver or not)....

Livelee

I think the "they are great" camp is winning. Well they have convinced me. -_-

d-9

Out of interest, how far do they stick below the height of the sump?

Batfink

if I remember its not really any lower than the sump itself - just lower than the subframe

Sign in to follow this