• Welcome to 205GTIDrivers.com!

Hello dear visitor! Feel free to browse but we invite you to register completely free of charge in order to enjoy the full functionality of the website.

Sign in to follow this  
pdd144c

Emerald Ecu

Robsbc

Soory to hear that Rik....Darren Cotton who I talked too quite a bit mentioned he knew you and tha tyo uwere popping down to Emerald this week....Chin up mate!

Rob

Robsbc
I'd probably disagree with that. :(

I've emailed them twice now for some failry important help on creating the wiring loom, and another issue and they've just never bothered to reply to me. The only time they ever replied was when I was considering buying the thing!!

I know people will say "just give them a ring then", but companies shouldnt advertise email addresses if they dont use them, and besides I had to send them some docs.

Josh - lets hope so!! ;)

You should just ring as Leoni who answers most of the emails is not techincal has to rely on Dave and Karl answering queries...

Rob

Dream Weaver
Long story. Bit of a catch 22 situation as I needed the car mapped to run the engine in but I couldnt test the manifold/tbs until it was mapped.

Car was reliable, done a few miles the night before to check for last minute leaks as the engine was new. By the time we got to Emerald the engine had done 250ish miles. A few little niggles like the loom earthed on the gearbox mount instead of direct to the battery and a coil problem, then it was mapped.

Only made 140.4bhp though, well down on standard power but once mapped the car felt really smooth. We couldnt find a reason why it was so weak while I was down there as the print out shows a very smooth power curve but its between 20 & 40bhp less than other mi16's. The curve follows most the other maps superimposed ontop. Dave done a great job though with the mapping, couldnt find a flat spot or misfire all the way home.

Got the car to bits yesterday. Checked the compression 13.5 bar across all 4, cams are still timed correct with the dowels fitting in fine. Swapped my lovely home made manifold for the bodged cut-down original mi16 one and the car came alive again :D. Its so much stronger than the built manifold even with a rough map on it.

Going to have 1 more go at making a manifold now I can drive the car around, if it sucks this time ill have to splash out on some proper Jenveys.

Rich

Ill post the poor looking rr results in a few minutes

Rolling Road Result

Edited to add above link

Thats not good, are we to take it bike bodies dont really work on an Mi? I've nearly finished mine as well :D

alex205mi16

i think its the inlet design that needs working on.. sounds like riks bodge it inlet worked better than the fully welded up version...

Dream Weaver

I'll find out soon enough I guess, my std chopped inlet is almost ready for fitting the TB's to, and on to the engine.

16v205

Yeah Alex is right, the original cut down manifold works much better than the one I made. Im not going to try again as it'll cost too much if it doesnt really work this time. Even if it did work then id always be thinking what would the car be like on proper 45 Jenvey's.

Got to start saving, the cars booked in at Emerald again on Oct 21st. This time ill be running proper tb's

Rich

smckeown
I've got the same problem with the KMS ECU's.

I've got our electronics guy coming to see me in the next few days so I'll see what we can come up with.

Did you get it sorted Matt ?

Mattsav

Not yet. I gave him a set of clocks and told him what we needed and how much we wanted to pay but haven't spoken to him yet.

I'll see if he's got anywhere with it .

veloce200
Not yet. I gave him a set of clocks and told him what we needed and how much we wanted to pay but haven't spoken to him yet.

I'll see if he's got anywhere with it .

re this rev counter issue - i have the same problem - if we get the adapter anyone know which wire under the bonnet drives the rev counter or is it easier to take it out and wire directly? mine is early 1.9 with conventional coil not the square one.

Dream Weaver

Light blue wire, no 112.

veloce200
Light blue wire, no 112.

thanks! :wacko:

Wiggs

I might have a spare Emerald tacho-driver as I am using an after market rev gauge, I'll put up a post when I know for sure.

When I did a group-buy of Emerald ECU's, they kindly sent me the modules free of charge, it took a little while though. Guess they've changed the policy since.

Is it possible to test the circuit in any way to find out what it does in order to build a replica? If anyone knows how and wants to have a go, drop me a PM as you're more than welcome to borrow the one I have.

Sam

Wiggs, Can i get 1st refusal :)

Dream Weaver

I bought mine from Emerald last week and its all wired in now.

Cost £37.51 with VAT and postage :)

Sam

Does it work? Is it 1 wire in and 1 wire out?

Wiggs
Wiggs, Can i get 1st refusal :)

It's not for sale yet and this isn't a 'for sale' thread. :)

I'd be keen to lend it to someone to figure out the circuit so that some cheaper versions can be put together or the circuit diagram posted.

Does it work? Is it 1 wire in and 1 wire out?

It is one wire from the tacho output on the ECU, one wire output to the rev gauge, a 12v supply and a ground, so four wires.

Sam

I mean if you do sell it, just thought I'd get in there :)

Dream Weaver

Dont know if it works yet, wiring loom is still not connected and battery is empty :)

Robsbc
Dont know if it works yet, wiring loom is still not connected and battery is empty :)

It does work....Mate had one wired up last weekend

Sam

Think it'll work with an omex?

saveloy

Sam,yes it will work. You will need to retain the Omex tacho box & wire the Emerald box in line.

pdd144c

Got mine working now... Although i had to replace fuse number 1 before i got it too work.

Sam
Sam,yes it will work. You will need to retain the Omex tacho box & wire the Emerald box in line.

Omex tacho box? All I have is a wire coming from the ecu? Do I need ANOTHER peice of crap as well?!? I might just not bother, I know when to change gear when it goes ba ba ba ba ba ba

I got BX dials, hopefully they'll be ok with this mad setup.

saveloy

If you have an Omex 500,then yes you need the Omex box and the Emerald. Simply because neither box alone will do the trick.

Your clocks may sort everything though,if they were used with a coilpack originally.

Sam

They were coilpack ones, but I get no movement at all, I get a TINY amount when I start it but not sure if thats just the car moving. Any ideas? is the rev counter on a seperate fuse at all ? They are BX coilpack ones (supposedly).

Sign in to follow this