• Welcome to 205GTIDrivers.com!

Hello dear visitor! Feel free to browse but we invite you to register completely free of charge in order to enjoy the full functionality of the website.

Sign in to follow this  
B1ack_Mi16

My New Xu13j4 Engine ...

B1ack_Mi16

My engine is an early 136bhp XU10J4R anyway, from a 406, 306, or 605 I guess.

Hilgie

I think Peter is correct there. Mine didn't have it as well when I got the engine (unknown source either from 306, 405 or ZX).

I just ordered the parts and put it in now.

kutija

Well XU10J4TE doesn't have windage tray and this pipe to the oilpump also.

Wonder why?

And on parts CD it says for this part no. 1047 17 PANEL -XU10J4 starts from 15.11.1993.

And it is the same windage tray for XU10J2 and it starts from 04.04.1994.

Edited by kutija

Kev-G
You might have a 2.0L Mi16 engine. They didn't get them until 11/93. I thought all the S16 engines had them however.

Is there a difference between the 2.0 Mi16 and the S16 other than the cars they came in?

I'd certainly class mine as a S16 - It came out of a 306.

B1ack_Mi16

Today my fellow forum mates... I actually started the engine for the first time :D

It started on the first try after I fixed a fuel-leak issue and the first startermotor didn't work...

(The second one did struggle hard, max 150rpm while cranking, 2.3 litres and high compression...)

It sounds like an animal, sound was soo deep I've never heard anything like it before.

Video here (Latest DivX codec):

http://cortex.fa-s.ntnu.no/~kristian/205gt...06/MVI_1808.avi

(you need a subwoofer to get the sound correct..., without it you'll not get the right feeling :P)

Couple of pics from today:

IMG_1797.jpg

Wiring?? I actually know what everything is.. just a bit messy still..

http://cortex.fa-s.ntnu.no/~kristian/205gt...06/IMG_1798.jpg

Engine top shot

http://cortex.fa-s.ntnu.no/~kristian/205gt...06/IMG_1800.jpg

Edit:

Forgot to add that I started it with only the downpipe connected, so only approx 1 metre of 2.5" piping..

Still I couldn't hear the exhaust sound at all, the inlet was so intense :)

Edited by B1ack_Mi16

Guest davebxgt

Looks great, when is it going on the dyno?

Dave :)

B1ack_Mi16
Looks great, when is it going on the dyno?

Dave :)

Thanks, no idea for when it's going on the dyno..

As I'm doing all the work on the car myself it tends to take quite some time.

Also need to get it approved with probably a normal inlet and quiet exhaust before I can get paltes on it..

(Norwegian rules).

Sandy

Bodies need balancing! It's not good to be rattling about like that, it'll sound different then :)

B1ack_Mi16
Bodies need balancing! It's not good to be rattling about like that, it'll sound different then :P

I know, but I really think they're pretty good balanced already, need to check it though.

Guess I need to up the idle a bit as I don't think there will ever be possible to get a nice idle at those low revs with my camshafts. :)

Sandy

Sorry, i'm sure i'm probably telling you what you already know! It's just an engine idling like that puts my teeth on edge! I would definately raise it, if it's sounding like that blanced up, i'd check the inlet is fully sealed tbh, cams or no cams.

B1ack_Mi16
Sorry, i'm sure i'm probably telling you what you already know! It's just an engine idling like that puts my teeth on edge! I would definately raise it, if it's sounding like that blanced up, i'd check the inlet is fully sealed tbh, cams or no cams.

No problem, it was the first time I started it so I really haven't had the chance to adjust anything yet.

Doing the water-pipe plumbing now so I can have it run a little bit longer than just a few secs. :rolleyes:

Sandy

Good stuff, I was scratching my head over the plumbing yesterday, gti6 exhaust manifold complicates it a bit!

easypug

Any more progress made mate?

B1ack_Mi16
Any more progress made mate?

Progress have been made. Waterplumbing is done, and I've started on the bodywork.

Now I'm more or less soon ready to have it painted, but still needs some sanding here and there ++ so I guess it can take some more time than I expect.

Have driven it out and in to the garage some times now, and it feels really strong <_<

Cage is painted and installed too, and I've got a FG bonnet with a bulge to clear the jenveys/airfilter.

Some pictures:

http://cortex.fa-s.ntnu.no/~kristian/205gt...07/CIMG1229.jpg

http://cortex.fa-s.ntnu.no/~kristian/205gt...15/CIMG1261.jpg

http://cortex.fa-s.ntnu.no/~kristian/205gt...30/CIMG1280.jpg

engine killer

very nice indeed :)

the speedline wheels are very pretty too, can't remember they are 15" or 16" but nice.

i wanted to lower the radiator to accomodate a set of longer trumpet too but mine is still a car for daily use and occasionally track use. air conditioning compressor and air/con radiator make it quite impossible to lower the whole lot unless spending a lot of money to fabricate a new mounting, new a/c radiator, new pull type fans...... <_<

welshpug

the video and the piccies from the earlier than yesterday posts dont work :lol:

B1ack_Mi16
the video and the piccies from the earlier than yesterday posts dont work B)

I know :)

Was a bit stupid yesterday, and changed the dates on all my folders from DDMMYYY format, to YYYYMMDD so they would sort themself right on the server... didn't think of all the forums they are on.

Need to change it back soonish :blush:

• Like 1

B1ack_Mi16

Now I think most pics shall work, apart from the ones I posted in the last post.

Done some painting on the car now, color is rather .. hm.. noticeable :P

It's a track day car after all, so I guess it's ok even though I think it a bit too wild.

CIMG1297.jpg

16v205

Im liking the colour :wub: Be good to see it up and running. How much longer do you reckon before its finished?

driving.gif

Rich

B1ack_Mi16

I'm not sure when it will be finished .. too many factors that'll influence that. I recon I'll paint the inside of the doors and hatch and get the doors and hatch mounted next week.

After that it's mainly to paint the outside of the car that's missing.

Now it's soon gonna start snowing over here, so can't really see the car beeing used much before next spring.

tom_m

how do the big rear brakes feel?

Hilgie

Looks like this one:

040.jpg

B1ack_Mi16
Looks like this one:

040.jpg

That's the one I was dreaming about some years ago :wub:

Looks like it's coming true.

how do the big rear brakes feel?

No idea as I've really not driven the car yet.

Guess i won't find out that until next spring either.

Sign in to follow this