• Welcome to 205GTIDrivers.com!

Hello dear visitor! Feel free to browse but we invite you to register completely free of charge in order to enjoy the full functionality of the website.

Sign in to follow this  
Gavin Waddell

Fitting Buckets

B1ack_Mi16
That's what I was hoping to do....but the buckets I'm putting in are a lot narrower at the back than the standard seats......so don't think it will work

When you get the sliders apart, it shouldn't be a problem to just mount them closer togeather, I think it's only the lock/unlocking mechanism that actually will try to hold the distance between the two of them, so if you just bend the bar that sits between them for unlocking, you can put them closer togeather.

Gavin Waddell

yeah got the seat in finally, well the two bars any way, go to do the other side. managed to get everything true andsquare.

also inever new that sills are not parrallel, measured the gap ad the back of the door 1132cm and at the front its 130

feb
I just had to remove my seat and refit it after strengthening the front left mount on the drivers seat as it pulled through like the right front. Pissing me off, the rear left has also started to crack the tunnel so no doubt thats next.

Perhaps the 205 isn't designed for 20 stone blokes ;)

It's been long time since this has been posted but how did you strengthen the mount Sam?

Some bolts in my reclining recaro keep becoming loose every now and then. I have to remove it completely to find out where the problem is, I think it is in the sliding mechanism..

I would like to lower the seating position but retain the sliding rail if possible.

I did my first track day yesterday and as much as I enjoyed it i am having neck and back pains today cause i had to sit like a crab. i am not that tall (1.83) but with the helmet and sunroof it is uncomfortable.

How do you guys lower the seating position and retain the sliding rails?

smckeown
How do you guys lower the seating position and retain the sliding rails?

I don't think you can. You dont want anything easily sliding on a dedicated track car, weld or bolt everything ;)

Edd-XS

just to say ive literally just finished fitting some corbeau forza sport buckets in my 205.

I used 4 strips of top grade steel (thanks again sonofsam!) and bolted two strips going vertically across the standard mounts and then two strips horixontally onto the bottom of the buckets put the two together and bolted them where they crossed. Will get something proper done when i get the cage welded in but for the time being it seems plenty strong enough and the height position is pretty much perfect! Nice and low, mind you im not the tallest of people (5 '10)

Edd

tom_m

my cobra imola gt side mounts are bolted onto the standard runners with the tilt mech removed. does the job for me ;)

Ren
the tilting mechanism can be removed from the 3 door sliders as well....saves you a trip to the scrappy ;)

If you remove the tilt mech from a standard seat and subframe will it sit you lower? Reason I ask is I'm 6'5 and I think it might me a bit comfier.

Cheers.

feb
my cobra imola gt side mounts are bolted onto the standard runners with the tilt mech removed. does the job for me ;)

is the seating position lower than normal and does your car have a sunroof?

that's how my recaro SR is fitted and although acceptable for road, with a helpmet on it isn't.

tom_m
If you remove the tilt mech from a standard seat and subframe will it sit you lower? Reason I ask is I'm 6'5 and I think it might me a bit comfier.

Cheers.

not a whole lot lower no, half a centimeter at the most iirc. have you removed the spacers from beneath the seat? they are only small, 10mm maybe? but made a huge difference to the feel when i removed mine - removing the tilt and the spacers should get you some extra headroom

is the seating position lower than normal and does your car have a sunroof?

that's how my recaro SR is fitted and although acceptable for road, with a helpmet on it isn't.

lower yes, but not by much i don't think. it does have a sunroof and i've not tried it with a lid on.

feb
not a whole lot lower no, half a centimeter at the most iirc. have you removed the spacers from beneath the seat? they are only small, 10mm maybe? but made a huge difference to the feel when i removed mine - removing the tilt and the spacers should get you some extra headroom

lower yes, but not by much i don't think. it does have a sunroof and i've not tried it with a lid on.

Tom,

If you remove the black thick spacers I realise it will lower it quite considerably but doesn't the seat rub the carpet when sliding it forward/backwards?

I think a kind of spacer would still be needed to distribute the load on the chassis?

sonofsam

Here's how i mounted mine

thDVC0115211.jpg

And here's how they sit

DVC01363g.jpg

I decided to use those small black spacers between the seat and the mounts,

perfect for me as im a short azz, still had to get a smaller wheel so i could see over it :blink:

tom_m
Tom,

If you remove the black thick spacers I realise it will lower it quite considerably but doesn't the seat rub the carpet when sliding it forward/backwards?

I think a kind of spacer would still be needed to distribute the load on the chassis?

yes the runners do rub on the carpet, but as long as you don't mind a bit of grease on the carpet it doesn't affect the operation in anyway. and i sincerely doubt those spacers do an awful for distributing loads on the mounts, both my gti's have been fine without - no signs of cracking or lose mounts etc

feb
yes the runners do rub on the carpet, but as long as you don't mind a bit of grease on the carpet it doesn't affect the operation in anyway. and i sincerely doubt those spacers do an awful for distributing loads on the mounts, both my gti's have been fine without - no signs of cracking or lose mounts etc

cool, you got any pics of the interior?

are you using the standard seatbelts or harnesses?

tom_m

yeah, there are a few pics here:

Piccies

i'm using standard seat belts threaded through the buckets

Ren

Cheers, i'll give that a try.

SPGTi

My personal opinion is that buckets should be mounted solidly on weld in bars that replace the existing mounting points. Any height / reach adjustment should be done using the side mounts and then everything bolted up nice and tight. The seat should be upright, not in a layed back cruise position. Using the std mounting points inevitably leads to a more layed back postion as it pushes the seat too high if you try for an upright seating position.

Buckets are motorsport seats to enable the use of harnesses and give a more secure/ better driving position than std for spirited driving.

steve

smckeown

road cars fitted with motorsport seats is seriously chav like :)

tom_m
road cars fitted with motorsport seats is seriously chav like :)

am i bovvered tho? :)

Sign in to follow this