• Welcome to 205GTIDrivers.com!

Hello dear visitor! Feel free to browse but we invite you to register completely free of charge in order to enjoy the full functionality of the website.

Sign in to follow this  
crf450

My New Engine Pictures

crf450

At last I have my engine ready for fitting and it should be in and running in the next couple of weeks, hopefully you should be able to have a look at the pictures with the links below.

Cheers Martin

http://i9.photobucket.com/albums/a51/marti...50/23b984c2.jpg

http://i9.photobucket.com/albums/a51/marti...50/109eecee.jpg

http://i9.photobucket.com/albums/a51/marti...50/3989a0a9.jpg

http://i9.photobucket.com/albums/a51/marti...50/31bc0d2c.jpg

http://i9.photobucket.com/albums/a51/marti...50/139405e8.jpg

Edit,forget the links have a look a bit further down the thread.

Edited by crf450

smckeown

the site is asking for authentication

markrnorton

i cant get it to work, omly pic number 1 !!!

Arrrg the anticipation :angry::)

still no go?

Alan_M

Very nice! Solid bottom mount too :angry:

Whats the outlet on the top of the cam cover for?

Simes

Very nice, been a long time coming.

crf450

Right, I had the pictures working once but just as I did this my mate SteveMi16 decided to put them in a album for me so the links didn't work :angry:, he is now in the process of working out how to put them in the thread, I dare say they will be the wrong size but I haven't got any more time tonight to fanny about with PC's.

Sorry for any forum rules broke, but I will have another mess about later when I come in from the pub if Steve hasn't sorted the size, second thought I'll have a look tomorrow.

Cheers to Steve for kind of helping :) .

Wurzel

Looking sweet there Martin.

Just a note though, are you using the standard 205master cylinder/servo set up or something different as you may have clearance issues with the dip stick using standard stuff :angry:

I'm looking forward to hearing how it runs.

certainly worth the wait......... :angry:

stew205

;):angry::)

Thats looks very impressive! Lots of effert has deffinatly gone in to it, taking the 205 to new levels!

Love the air box, alt setup and oil breather.

What injectors are you using?

doughboy

Looks very impressive..

Is that the 1.9 or 2.0 block then?? Is that sensor on the crank pulley for the timing? I've never seen one on that side before.

What's the deal with that lower mount??

Cheers

Hilgie

The bottomend is a 2.0 and the sensor on the crank pulley is for timing :angry:

And it does look great! Now what's the story on the bump on top of the camcover?

B1ack_Mi16

That's some pictures I've been waiting for :angry:

Everything looks rather nice..

One thing I wonder about.. I see that you have used the standard rear camcover on the head (the one mounted behind the pulleys).

The 2.0 block is longer than the 1.9 one... so what front covers are you using?

I've actually bought all the covers for the XU10J4R engine new from Peugeot, but I start thinking that I actually should have got the XU10J4 ones? Any thoughts, really don't want stones to come flying into the cambelt area on my new engine :)

Hilgie

I used the XU10J4 covers for mine. (same setup as Martin, but less work done to it :angry: )

B1ack_Mi16
I used the XU10J4 covers for mine. (same setup as Martin, but less work done to it :angry: )

s*ite... Then I've just ordered cambeltcovers for 70£ that's useless :)

I need to do rather big modifications to the head to make it all fit..

Need to order more parts then I guess.

Hilgie

More parts is always good :angry:

However I think this is BRILIANT!!! ::

flywheel_locking.jpg

Flywheel locking integrated in the enginestand!!!

Doof

Very impressive Martin, worth the wait im sure.

Gonna be ready in time for croft? (obviously not going on track due to running in?)

Drove by your place last week, was gonna pop in but it was getting late.

Jonmurgie

Oh......

My......

God....

Mate that is awesome :D Hope to see you on the track sometime this year then... all that's missing is a dry sump :D

petert

Excellent work Martin. I'm hoping to have my version of the same in the car in a few weeks.

A friend and I have been having much debate about the rear mount. I had Noltec make some urethane mounts (www.noltec.com.au). He tried a urethane bottom mount, the same as I was using, and kept lighting the tyres up out of every corner (with 220hp). I was only around 170hp last year, so didn't experience the same problem. Going back to the full Grp. N rubber mount, solved the wheelspin problem for him. So I'll be keen to hear how you go getting 270hp to the ground with the solid mount!

crf450

Yes, thats a solid engine mount on the back, I only drilled the lightening holes to try and counteract the extra weight of the iron block :D, I also wanted to protect my exhaust system from excess movement, I'm not sure if I'm going to use the car on the road so I figured, as the mount will still have a rubber bush at one end I'd try and live with it for a bit.

Peter, that's a good point on engine moment acting as a damper when it come to putting the power down, and thinking about it, it makes real sense. I'll see what quarters I run, I ran 14.1 with 172bhp so I'm hopping for 13.4ish with 270bhp.

Full marks to Hilgie for spotting the flywheel lock, I'd like to take credit for this but this was something Eddie told me to incorporate in the stand design.

Black Mi, the cam covers are all S16 I think, although I'll probably remember better tomorrow, as I have decked the block as much as I dared, I did have to modifiey the front cover (which I will be running when it goes in the car) to make it fit.

Who ever asked, Its is just a breather with an in built baffle mounted on the cam cover.

I don't think it will be ready for Coft Doof, I'll be in the 306.

Stew, Im be running Cosworth greens.

Wurzel, Ive removed the top mount off my dipstick tube which will allow me to manipulate (or bend) it hopefully round the master cylinder. If I cant I've got an oil level bung in the crank spacer which will allow me to do away with the dipstick if need be.

Thanks for all comments, Martin

Mattsav

Very Very Tasty :D

Looking forward to seeing the numbers it makes.

Sign in to follow this