• Welcome to 205GTIDrivers.com!

Hello dear visitor! Feel free to browse but we invite you to register completely free of charge in order to enjoy the full functionality of the website.

Sign in to follow this  
Ahl

It Idles Perfectly! :d :d :d

gatz

Where has this link gone? I want to do this, has anyone copy and pasted this or saved it somewhere other than that link, if so could i please be emailed a copy.

Thank You

M@tt

if someones got it saved could you also email me a copy as well

cheers

matt

KRISKARRERA

You know, there's something all you forget - the Mi16 airflow meter. No-one seems to ask about how to retrack that, and it's different inside.

Ahl
You  know, there's something all you forget - the Mi16 airflow meter. No-one seems to ask about how to retrack that, and it's different inside.

It's not that much different. Easily done with a bit of common sense.

KRISKARRERA

Yes but you can't lift the bit up and reposition, looks to me like the only way is to bend that metal bit. (how's that for a crap description lol)

pj838

My AFM is playing up again now with terrible idle around 700 rpm, cutting out every time I quiclky reduce revs (ie stopping in traffic) and a massive flat spot around 2500 rpm. After fitting a second hand AFM all the power was back (woohoo) but it will not idle and is also always cutting out. This second AFM is factory sealed so I don't want to mess about with it.

Looking in the Haynes manual, there is a section on idle speed/CO mixture adjustment using the idle screw & throttle screw, section 4C.3). (never tried anything like this before) - do you think this will be of help? If I increase the idle to about 1000rpm onn the rev counter I think it might eliminate the cutting out?

Also does anyone know if worn engine mounts can affect the idle? The engine seems to shudder quite a lot when hunting for idle revs, with knocking.. or is this just typical pug ;)

thanks for any help!

kruder

looked at afm, the black lid on top is sealed (silicone or something similar) is this standard and if so, so you just break the seal to remove it?

Ahl

Thats right. You need to cut it off and/or lever it open gently.

sorr

There is a much easier way that does not involve bending the arms. Just losen the screws holding the circuit board down. Move it a few mm, retighten the screws and you are on a fresh bit of carbon material.

ALEX

other than the re-traking part of this web page the rest is useless IMO.

I nearly burnt mine out connecting the square battery.

Sign in to follow this