• Welcome to 205GTIDrivers.com!

Hello dear visitor! Feel free to browse but we invite you to register completely free of charge in order to enjoy the full functionality of the website.

LimouxGTI

Replacement Exhaust Manifold 205 GTI 1.6

LimouxGTI

Hi Folks,

I had the car in to my local mechanic here in France to cure a leaking exhaust manifold - I chickened out of tackling this one myself at fear of snapping studs etc!

Anyway, he finally got the manifold off after a lot of heat and penetrating fluid and then noticed that there was some corrosion at one of the connecting ports which was allowing the gases to escape.  He has replaced the manifold gasket as an interim to get me back on the road and this has cured the worst of the leak.  However, there is still a slight leak (faint ticking under load).

It looks like I will have to source a replacement manifold to fully sort the problem.

From doing a small amount of research I see that they are no longer available from PSA, however, it seems there is an identical item (albeit reinforced) one available with part#0341.94 which is used on the 406 and Xantia etc.

Before I go down a rabbit hole on this can anyone confirm this is the case or is there a better solution (I'd like to stick with stock).

Thanks in advance for you advice folks.

Rich

DamirGTI

If it's leaking along the base manifold-to-head , that can be fixed by skimming/resurfacing the manifold .. any machinist who does cylinder heads can do that for you .

If its cracked between the manifold runners , they you'll ideally need good used non cracked item .. as they're a bit hard to weld up .

Early manifolds where very prone to cracking between first and second runner, later manifolds incorporated reinforcement on that area thus they're much better .

Later manifolds can commonly be found on late 8v 1.6 XU5 and 1.9 XU9 , and pretty much all 8v 1.8 XU7 , and 2.0 XU10 engines from - 306 , 405 , 605 , 806 , 406 , ZX , XM , Jumper , Xantia .

There's one new (later reinforced model) on sale here in France :

https://www.retrautosport.com/catalogue-peugeot/peugeot-205-gti-1-9/echappement/collecteur-echappement-fonte-origine-neuf-205-gti-309-gti.html

D

LimouxGTI

Thank you!!  Love this forum!!!

welshpug

€249 though :blink:

they need :ph34r:

DamirGTI
16 minutes ago, welshpug said:

€249 though :blink:

Overly optimistic or simply put greedy pricing ! no wonder there's still 5 of them on stock , surely they've sold 0 till now ...

D