• Welcome to 205GTIDrivers.com!

Hello dear visitor! Feel free to browse but we invite you to register completely free of charge in order to enjoy the full functionality of the website.

K20205

Rear beam no travel

K20205

I think i might have found the problem,

i managed to get both sides at same height,

i left the torsion bars loose and put the car on its own weight, now the rear has some bounce to it.

i jacked the car up and tightened everything up and when its back down its the same again?! I then loosened the torsion bar adjuster nuts and when the car is down its got movement again,? Am i tightening the adjuster too much? Is there a clearance problem; does the arms need to be set at a specific clearance?

thanks

jord294

There is a reason for double ended stud. When set correctly it allows a touch of 'float' between seal lip and trailing arm.

K20205
16 minutes ago, jord294 said:

There is a reason for double ended stud. When set correctly it allows a touch of 'float' between seal lip and trailing arm.

So how can i set this right?

whats needs doing?

petert

Wind the stud all the way out until it touches the cup, then back it off half a turn.

allanallen
59 minutes ago, petert said:

Wind the stud all the way out until it touches the cup, then back it off half a turn.

Pete, check your junk mail again mate ;)

Ozymandis

I suggest You read the axle refurbishment and height adjustment guides on this website, every single question You have asked is covered in those.

If Your still having problems then, for Yours and public safety, best leave it alone and get someone familiar with the technology to do the job?

• Like 1

welshpug

read this from step 13 onwards.

K20205
2 hours ago, welshpug said:

read this from step 13 onwards.

Cheers for that mate, just read it and i understand now,

i thought you just hand tighten the stud all the way in and when the bar is pushed into position and tightened on the washer side you just tighten up the bolt, this caused the arm to go in to too much.

i read on another forum that i need to use a feeler gauge set at 0.05 and tighten accordingly to that? 

welshpug

that is correct yes, as shown in the thread there in the first line of point 13 :lol:

K20205
17 hours ago, welshpug said:

that is correct yes, as shown in the thread there in the first line of point 13 :lol:

All done,

thanks alot mate..

will never be touching the rear end of this car again.!