• Welcome to 205GTIDrivers.com!

Hello dear visitor! Feel free to browse but we invite you to register completely free of charge in order to enjoy the full functionality of the website.

Kasey23

Fuel Pressure Reg

Kasey23

Hey all, I’m trying to find a fuel pressure regulator for an 89 1.6 only one I can find is from Australia and quite expensive. Peugeot have discontinued this part.
Any ideas where I might be able to find this part? Any help would be very much appreciated. Thanks, Paul

farmer

Some on Ebay

1563 99 use that search against 

Kasey23

Thanks, I couldn’t find any others but I’ll check this out. 

DamirGTI

Try also : Bosch 0 280 160 226

Old 0 280 160 258 is discounted for quite a while , replacement for it now is : 0 280 160 249 (and it's 2x more expensive than the old one !)

Lots of others Bosch capsule reg. various different part numbers fits and works as well , from old Volvo's , Alfa , BMW etc. .. just look for the same shape with mountings to the fuel rail and 3 Bar. rating .

D

Kasey23

Thanks Damir. Appreciate the help. 

bacardincoke

Went through looking for one a while back...

Genuine Bosch 0280 160 258 are very thin on the ground and generally expensive if you do find one.... Later ones less scarce, but just as costly.

Unless you're in a rush to replace and it must be a Bosch, keep looking... I eventually found one in Turkey of all places, old BMW stock (seems the exact same regulator / fitting bracket was used in E30's) for around £75 posted.

Still a lot but then latter day Lucas versions for example aren't that significantly cheaper and like I said in the other post, that's maybe for a reason?

Perhaps someone running a Lucas or similar can comment, there were no replies the last time and it would still be useful to hear.

This one's in Italy and as expensive as I've seen but at least obtainable if money's no object.

https://www.ebay.fr/itm/BOSCH-0280160258-PEUGEOT-205-Mk2-Gti-1-9-SENSORE-PRESSIONE-CARBURANTE/153788239335?hash=item23ce7e4de7:g:JYMAAOSw4DVeFGMN

DamirGTI

I'd reconsider an second hand/used one too ... if new is not a "must" .

As they're pretty reliable , rarely go bad , used one will certainly also work .

D

soundguy

This is the one I narrowed down as a compatible replacement, but I haven't bought/fitted it (£77):

https://www.ebay.co.uk/itm/PIERBURG-Fuel-Pressure-Control-Valve-for-BMW-3-Series-7-21197-60-0-Mister-Auto/311490278261

DamirGTI

"Pierburg" should be good .. similar if not the same quality wise as the Bosch one .

D

bacardincoke

Found a later, but new Bosch 0280160249 in the US, seller posts internationally however you'll have to factor in the the eBay pre-paid customs taxes at check out... off the cuff all in will be a ball park £115'ish.

https://www.ebay.co.uk/itm/OEM-BMW-M20-325I-E23-E24-E28-E30-E34-Fuel-Pressure-Regulator-Bosch-0280160249/133484585042

Kasey23

Thanks everyone, I now have one ordered and on route. Appreciate all the help.