I mentioned befored that a previous owner had fitted an aftermarket 'FSE' adjustable fuel regulator to my '89 1.9 GTI Non Cat, UK model.   The car's been running perfectly in my ownership, and while I'm going to leave well alone at the minute, it's an old install and some background reading suggests they can be temperamental.   If the time does comes to change it out, I'll probably go back to a stock regulator.   While I'm in no hurry, I've been looking around and would like to check my understanding is correct.   Servicebox shows 1563 99 (3.0 Bar) is what would have originally been fitted.   There are new equivalents from Lucas and others, all at anything between £30 - £40.   Bosch (were they the OEM supplier?) 0280 160 258 also seems compatible, but more scarce and much more expensive at +£150.   Is it a case of you get what you pay for?   The new equivalent regulators are advertised as also suitable for other make such as Volvo and Lancia etc..   While the regulator part may be identical, do they have for example different fitting brackets to a 205? I ask because if they are 100% the same I can widen my search.