• Welcome to 205GTIDrivers.com!

Hello dear visitor! Feel free to browse but we invite you to register completely free of charge in order to enjoy the full functionality of the website.

Sign in to follow this  
davemar

Headlight lens differences

davemar

Just had my right-hand headlight fail on the MOT for an incorrect pattern. I assume it is incorrect as it's a LHD one instead of a RHD one. I had fitted it very recently, but bought it a couple of years ago. So after the MOT I ordered another one, making sure I ordered a RHD one this time. However, the latest one appears to be identical, so not going to solve the problem. I do have a very old headlight lying around with a broken body, and this one used to pass the MOT OK, so I thought I'd remove the lenses and compare them.

In the photo the lens at the top is the 'new' one (the one that failed the MOT), and the bottom one is the old one that used to pass. The patterns are very different and I've highlighted the differences with the red lines.

Can anyone confirm if the 'new' one is actually a LHD drive lens? It does appear to be a mirror image of the left-hand headlight, which I think is wrong as they should be assymetrical.

So my plan is to stick the old lens to the new headlight body.

headlight_lenses.jpg

Ozymandis

The old lens has a RHD directional arrow moulded into the glass in the bottom right.