• Welcome to 205GTIDrivers.com!

Hello dear visitor! Feel free to browse but we invite you to register completely free of charge in order to enjoy the full functionality of the website.

ALEX

Coin Tray Base - Reproduction

ALEX
On 12/16/2023 at 11:00 AM, jlarkin said:

Alex

Good morning

Can you help with replacement for my 1992 Gentry?

Both the top and the insert/lock have bits broken off (don't know what the previous owner was up to?)

Top colour is variously described as brown/beige/grey ???

And what might be the cost?

Regards

John Larkin

Hi John

Sorry for the late reply. 

I'm currently only able to do these in Black ASA. To make them in brown/Beige I'd have to buy a full roll of filament and it would likely be the wrong shade anyway.

Painting might be the only option in this case.

ALEX
On 1/18/2024 at 11:24 PM, Fla673 said:

Hi Alex , and everyone else , long time browser here , deep into my 205gti rebuild , off for respray strip down since last week .. I bought car here in  ireland just before the 1st lockdown , stored it drove it and stored it again .. bought bits and pieces for the next couple of years ... im nearly sorted on parts .. except a bleeding coin tray ! Rhd 91 black dash , Are you still printing them Alex ? The progress is fantastic to read from 1st up to last post .. 

Regards , Ciaran Fla 

Ps will chuck up some pics when I can sort through the forum layout . 

Still doing them. Keep an eye out on ebay.

I've done another revision since to allow the base to be made from ASA instead of PETG. 

Result is much neater finish (even tough you cant see the underside when fitted). Also to give more confidence on the front clips not breaking off when installing and removing the tray from the dash.

I'll update with some pics to explain the mod and reasons behind them when I get the time.

Alex

Richie-Van-GTi

I can try print them in black nylon if someone can share an Stl file.