• Welcome to 205GTIDrivers.com!

Hello dear visitor! Feel free to browse but we invite you to register completely free of charge in order to enjoy the full functionality of the website.

Sign in to follow this  
Phil Michell

What other Options do I have for a Gearbox in my Rally car

Phil Michell

I currently have a BE3 gearbox running in my 1600 8v GTi Rally car, Standard box with a 4:5 CWP and a Quaife ATB LSD. But the gearbox is Knackered and I need the car out again quick for the next round of the chamionship, Is there any other box that would fit directly on to my 1600 8v GTI engine with out haveing to modify Bellhousings or linkages ect ect. If so what are the codes and what cars did they come in, I have another BE3 box but it's getting refurbished 

welshpug

you can find 4.7 and 4.93 final drives fairly easily, as shown above as it happens, though I wouldn't pay anywhere near that, fit your gti gearset to those parts.

petert

A 4.43 cwp and GTi6 3-4 and 5th will give you the shortest, cheapest combinations for your BE3, equivalent to a 4.75 cwp.

allanallen
21 hours ago, welshpug said:

you can find 4.7 and 4.93 final drives fairly easily, as shown above as it happens, though I wouldn't pay anywhere near that, fit your gti gearset to those parts.

Is the box on Facebook just the typical  van box with a useful final drive and little else then? 

I read it as being some magical bolt on box with 4.93/long first 

welshpug

indeed, you could use the case too.

mega short 1st in those :lol:

Tom Fenton
2 hours ago, allanallen said:

Is the box on Facebook just the typical  van box with a useful final drive and little else then? 

I read it as being some magical bolt on box with 4.93/long first 

Don't forget the "NO COMPETITION MILEAGE"

No, but 150,000 worth of 1 wheel peel emergency starts with a white van driver who doesn't give a flying F.....

• Haha 1

allanallen

Marvellous, so essentially a 4 speed :blink: