• Welcome to 205GTIDrivers.com!

Hello dear visitor! Feel free to browse but we invite you to register completely free of charge in order to enjoy the full functionality of the website.

Porter87

205 gti Bilstein b6 or Group N

Porter87
2 hours ago, duurtlang said:

I have brand new Eibach 7025 from a bigger engined 206 on my 205, with normal Bilstein B6s from a 205. I do have to note that I have a CTi with a 2.0 turbo in there, so a lot more weight. Given those circumstances  it's not lowered that far at all.

I do have to add that this has been installed this week. I have not had the opportunity to actually drive the car spiritedly yet. The angle of the picture doesn't really do it justice, it looks lower when you stand next to it.

B6.jpg

IMG-20190619-WA0005.jpg

IMG-20190619-WA0003.jpg

Great photos! Thanks for that helps visualise it. Cheers

Spesh

Which eibach springs for the b6 though? Seems to be the general concensus to run 7001 with stock or b4 dampers, same apply to b6? 

camgti

Honestly. If its just a road car just use the standard springs. They are perfectly fine and any spring rate increase in the front end ruins the way they handle. Just refurbish your OE shocks and leave the springs standard.

Spend your money on an LSD

Batfink

I would run the 7001-120 without concern. Looks great on the car and does the job well. They will work with B6 dampers. Bilstein often pair their dampers with Eibach.
I'd run B6 in Preference over Group N for road use. They are ok lowered up to about 25mm.
Group N will have some additional strengthening at the base of the damper and generally (I've not measured the length) a slightly shorter shaft length compared to OEM / Bilstein B6 - but they are stiffer and thats un-necessary on a road car.
https://www.kamracing.co.uk/car-tuning/peugeot/peugeot-205/suspension/peugeot-205-gti-eibach-pro-kit-springs.html

Porter87

Thanks a lot for all the info. In the end I’ve gone B4 but if I’m not happy with it I’ll be going b6 for sure. The price difference and what I’ll be using it for swayed me. We’ll see if it’s any good with b4’s

Callum

I've got b4s with eibach 7001 springs and Baker bm group n top mounts and it's perfect for my car which I use daily, ride isn't too harsh but is tight and handles great 

Edited by Callum