• Welcome to 205GTIDrivers.com!

Hello dear visitor! Feel free to browse but we invite you to register completely free of charge in order to enjoy the full functionality of the website.

Porter87

205 gti Bilstein b6 or Group N

Porter87

Hi All,

I know this has been covered before but I'm trying to find an up to date opinion on whether to go for Bilstein b6 or Group N's with eibach springs on my 205 gti. I'm aim for as close to standard ride height as possible (not sure what springs to use for this  though as the best option seems to be eibach but it lowers it 30mm) I'm also looking at top mount rubbers. Some say group N is fine where others say they make the ride terrible. I'm just on the buy it now button but cant decide which one to go for? Thanks

Steve

MrAndy

I also would like to hear comments on this.

Also, In meny net-pictures, the 206-B6 front dampers look like they are needing special, non standard springs on them. Is there 2 different models available or how is the situation?

-A-

• Like 1

MrAndy

..spelling.. of course meant 205-B6

-A-

• Like 1

MrAndy

... and what is the actual length difference between B6 and Grp N?

-A-

• Like 1

allanallen
On 6/13/2019 at 1:10 PM, Porter87 said:

Hi All,

I know this has been covered before but I'm trying to find an up to date opinion on whether to go for Bilstein b6 or Group N's with eibach springs on my 205 gti. I'm aim for as close to standard ride height as possible (not sure what springs to use for this  though as the best option seems to be eibach but it lowers it 30mm) I'm also looking at top mount rubbers. Some say group N is fine where others say they make the ride terrible. I'm just on the buy it now button but cant decide which one to go for? Thanks

Steve

What do you use the car for? GrpN fronts are quite harsh at low speeds so probably not ideal if it’s a daily road car

Porter87
3 hours ago, allanallen said:

What do you use the car for? GrpN fronts are quite harsh at low speeds so probably not ideal if it’s a daily road car

It’s going to be a one day a week maybe two, mainly a drive out or drive to the pub to meet a few mates. No track days just a road car 

Andy

Use o.e mounts , B6 dampers and Eibach 7006 springs ( they do not lower quite as much as the 7003 ones . The Group N dampers are harsh at  low speed and the group N mounts ditto.

My starter for ten . And I know as I have tried coilovers, Group N and B6 . For road use, B6 every time 

• Thanks 1

Porter87
17 hours ago, Andy said:

Use o.e mounts , B6 dampers and Eibach 7006 springs ( they do not lower quite as much as the 7003 ones . The Group N dampers are harsh at  low speed and the group N mounts ditto.

My starter for ten . And I know as I have tried coilovers, Group N and B6 . For road use, B6 every time 

Great thanks. Do you know the best place for oem top mounts? Thanks

Andy

According to service box, part number 503125 ( updated to LE-0301) is still available from Peugeot. This includes  the complete top mount with absolutely everything except the pan that locates the top of the spring. No idea of the cost., but a trip to,your nearest dealer will quickly answer that question. If all you need are the rubbers, then I imagine lots of people on this forum will have a set lying around if you ask .

Regards,

Andy

jackherer

The price for 5031 25 is £59.32 but I don't think they are available, LE-0301 isn't a part number, it's a link to some notes and they say for 5031 25 they propose 5031 92 which doesn't seem to exist (but does have a price, £72.14!)

• Like 1

Andy

Top researching Kieran ! Not marked as ‘NFP’ so it is probably worth at least a call to your dealer Stephen .

Porter87

Thanks guys I’ll get on it tomorrow! Cheers

Porter87

Just got off the phone with my local Peugeot dealer and they are saying that the mounts are no longer available (not the greatest of help to be fair) 

ones to OEM spec I have found are Febi, First line or KYB. I read that the aftermarket ones are too soft? 

Has anyone fitted any pattern parts for the top mount rubbers? Thanks 

Andy

Hi. Just tried my local dealer who is usually very helpful. Same answer though. I have not tried the aftermarket rubbers so cannot comment. However, If Ihad to choose between group ‘n’ and aftermarket, I would still go for the latter. 

Andy

• Like 1

Porter87

Thanks guys for the help 

so I’m now thinking Bilstein b6, eibach springs with some pattern oem bushes 

MrAndy

Thanks for good conversation and opinions. I think I'm also for the B6's now.

-A-

Porter87

Just an update, found some genuine OEM bushes from spoox. They are loose out the kit with the bearings but brand new and OEM. Happy days 

Andy

Excellent result.

jord294
21 hours ago, Porter87 said:

Just an update, found some genuine OEM bushes from spoox. They are loose out the kit with the bearings but brand new and OEM. Happy days 

Really?? Sometimes things aren't always what they seem

• Like 1

Porter87
13 hours ago, jord294 said:

Really?? Sometimes things aren't always what they seem

I'd hope so. the advert stated "Genuine OE Peugeot 205 309 1.6 1.9 front strut top rubber mounts" "these are from Peugeot as a pack with a bearing included of which we use so are left with these" if they are not from Peugeot there's some false advertising going off.

Porter87

is there anyway to check?

Porter87

Well I received my bushes today..... they look like two different makes? What do you guys think? Heights slightly different and so are weights and shape 

A81637B3-848A-4942-9936-FFBF556BD568.thumb.jpeg.1a88b50c50c300d5a85c96460fe357ed.jpeg

2AEF6A90-76DD-43D6-846B-F0E254288AEC.jpeg.99d541e0e4d29839a056a274e413e6df.jpeg

Edited by Porter87

jackherer

Send them back and never buy anything from spoox again.

• Like 3

Porter87

Just measured the heights and there is 4mm difference.  Just spoke to spoox they’re going to send out a replacement 

Edited by Porter87

duurtlang
On 6/13/2019 at 2:10 PM, Porter87 said:

I'm aim for as close to standard ride height as possible (not sure what springs to use for this  though as the best option seems to be eibach but it lowers it 30mm)

I have brand new Eibach 7025 from a bigger engined 206 on my 205, with normal Bilstein B6s from a 205. I do have to note that I have a CTi with a 2.0 turbo in there, so a lot more weight. Given those circumstances  it's not lowered that far at all.

I do have to add that this has been installed this week. I have not had the opportunity to actually drive the car spiritedly yet. The angle of the picture doesn't really do it justice, it looks lower when you stand next to it.

B6.jpg

IMG-20190619-WA0005.jpg

IMG-20190619-WA0003.jpg

Edited by duurtlang
  • Like 1