Welcome to the brand new 205GTIDrivers.com website! We hope you'll enjoy it! Read the full notice here.

• Welcome to 205GTIDrivers.com!

Hello dear visitor! Feel free to browse but we invite you to register completely free of charge in order to enjoy the full functionality of the website.

Andy

Yet another XU9/10 engine build

Andy

More photos I hope 

D0FE96D4-DCB2-44A5-B8B4-6C89DE321D43.jpeg

Andy
3 hours ago, DrSarty said:

It's not a 'spacer', but I'm sure you know that. It's a stiffener for the alloy block.

However: it can be used - usually with some mods to or removal of the ribs to accomodate the optional windage tray - to effectively 'space' the sump from the block, therefore upping oil capacity, at the expense perhaps of risking sump to ground impact. This works with or without the extended pick-up and even the windage tray; but why do one without the others?!

Hi Rich,

hope the turbo project is making a bit of progress. I plan to mount the windage tray on the bolts from 2 and 4 main bearing caps  rather like as on the XU10J4 RS but with modified bolts. Engineering company are on that one . So I will end up with a deeper sump ( because of the strengthening plate) extended oil pick up so that oil is collected from the very bottom of the sump, pump chain guard, trapdoor Sump , all more or less as per Peter Taylor’s recommendations on his site 

Andy
2 hours ago, Tom Fenton said:

Andy just a quick tip for you, I see you like to work on newspaper, keeps things tidy however I find it can be a pain sliding about etc

Top tip, when passing a decorating shop go in and ask for their most lurid horrid wallpaper that no one will buy, it’s usually very cheap or free! And it makes a super bench lining material, my bench tops in certain places are mdf so I fasten it down with a staple gun. Just like newspaper you bin it after use. But it’s much more user friendly and durable to be honest. I always use it when building engines.

Nice  tip Tom. Not thought of that. You are right about the newspaper . Looks great until you try and slide something on the bench. I will be off to the decorators tomorrow 

DD239210-B7D8-42D8-A15D-BA2EBCA4EDEC.jpeg

B404A173-9775-4101-9409-841C13FD4230.jpeg

B2A64072-79C6-44A1-827A-591AB20F2D9C.jpeg

4E633CB5-9FDF-4C4B-ADAB-0D93E309F913.jpeg

Andy

I got in the groove of this pump building lark and completed two more, one from a gti6 ( ie xu10j4rs) and one from an XU9J4 . At least I have condensed two boxes of bits . One or two subtle difference between these pumps. The XU9 one has no tappings  to accept the chain guard and the RS one has a thin metal spacer between the two halves of the pump. In addition, it looks as if oil that is above 6bar bleeds back into the sump on the RS pump. On all the others, it looks as if it is fed back to the gear housing .

P.s If you read this Speno, yes, I built your pump with the same love, care and attention as I did mine ! 

Thijs_Rallye

Andy,

Did you order that 6 bar spring recently or did you still had it laying around?

Andy

Hi. Got it quite recently from my local Peugeot dealer 

Thijs_Rallye

I've ordered 5 about a year ago and 3 months back they've cancelled my order, appearantly they either are back in stock now or you were just lucky :)