• Welcome to 205GTIDrivers.com!

Hello dear visitor! Feel free to browse but we invite you to register completely free of charge in order to enjoy the full functionality of the website.

yorkshirekowboy

Help With One Button Remote Plip.

gmyorks

hi there, got the car back on friday after been for some paint work.

ive plugged in the repaired box for the plipp locking and nothing happens... i will check ive got a 12v supply going to the unit when ive time, but not sure if it needs programming to the car again or should it just work..? any ideas, thanks

pugdamo

It should just work, they are a fixed code

gmyorks

ok, well i need to check if ive a supply getting to the box.

gmyorks

hi there, had time over the weekend to have a mess with the plip control box..as far as i can see the 4 wires that go into the conector plug one was showing 12v supply, not sure on the others and what they do.

As ive had the box repaired and the guy was not 100% if its going to work i can see something is not quite right.

Is there any one that can test this box as a stand alone unit..? or worse case just buy another from a citreon/peugeot,,cheap..?

thanks.!

Henry Yorke

Have a re-read through this post as you've missed some info

Gary / Matt, Have you both got the original red buttoned fobs?

attachicon.gifDSC06821.JPG

It is pretty easy to set up a test on it as there are only 4 wires; 2 for power and two for the feed to the CL module.

It can be tested by sticking it into another car and testing it. That is the easiest way usually.

Next PSC Yorkshire meet on 3rd October :)https://www.facebook.com/events/1649078518748606/

gmyorks

hi there, yes ive got the original remote, the guy who looked at the board said both were compatable.

what the arrangement with the 4 wires..? are two supposed to be 12v..? are any relays involved along the line.

my haynes manual does not cover the 1991 year car.

thanks!