• Welcome to 205GTIDrivers.com!

Hello dear visitor! Feel free to browse but we invite you to register completely free of charge in order to enjoy the full functionality of the website.

yorkshirekowboy

Help With One Button Remote Plip.

yorkshirekowboy

Hello, my plip for my remote central locking has just broke. I thought it was the battery's but I've replaced them, still nothing. The infra red diode isn't producing a signal when pressed (camera phone trick) but the red led light near the button does. Anybody had this problem before? I was thinking maybe a dry joint somewhere?

acox99

i had this, I cleaned the circuit board with switch cleaner and a cotton bud which solved it. I also popped the button out and cleaned the contact.

jackherer

Voltage might be low due to bad battery contacts, I've had to clean them on every one I've ever had.

pugdamo

Iv had so many problems with mine In the 8 years iv had the car but I won't let it die.

I had a dry joint where the infra red eye is attached to the board. Iv also had poor contact between the batteries and the contacts that hold them but I think when this happened the red light didn't work either, it's an easy enough check though, just check the voltage difference between the batteries on there own, then fit them to the pip then check the voltage where the contacts are soldered to the board, should be the same.

yorkshirekowboy

Great help guys thank you. I bought some contact cleaner, sprayed the whole board, and flooded the button with cleaner and hey ho it works again. Thanks again.

gmyorks

hi there, ive had my remote all cleaned and working now, the problem i have is how do i get it to work with the car locking and unlocking again..? some sites say you have to unlock the door with the key and press the button a couple of times, ive tried all this, anyone else know..? thanks!

Anthony

Shouldn't need to do anything like that - it's a very simple standalone system and there's nothing to re-code or re-learn like more modern systems.

You sure it's the correct fob for the reciever in the roof? They're a matched pair so you can't just use any old fob.

Water leaks have a habit of causing reciever issues too (and occasionally setting cars alight...)

gmyorks

hi anthony, thanks for that. The remote im 100% sure is the original with the car, the remote was sent away for a service and clean up, it might be that the reciver is not doing its job so might have to look into that now. The remote has never worked on the car since i got the car, but only had the car since may 2016 and the car has stood not been used for 8 yrs.

ill let you know how i progress. ;-)

gmyorks

ive managed to remove the electronic board from the car, the termial plug was a little green as if been damp, but a little bit of wd40 made no difference, still didnt work, so taken the unit into a local electronic place to check the unit over, hopefull it can be repaired..

Clarky3rdNut

Interested to see how this goes. Would like to get my Plip working again one day.

Please do check where the moisture is coming from. It's likely to be the aerial seal. As stated above, these things really do have the potential to ruin your day.

Henry Yorke

Gary / Matt, Have you both got the original red buttoned fobs?

post-3457-0-64516100-1470178883_thumb.jpg

• Like 1

DBG

I believe my 92 car may have originally come with one of these (I don't have it now).

Is it possible to buy the remotes still (and somehow connect to my car)?

Clarky3rdNut

Henry, yes. Just like your picture. A red LED illuminates from behind the lion window when the button is depressed.

It used to work well and despite the consensus being that they are matched to the receiver and non-pairable, I live in the hope that there is someone out there with a soldering iron that can get it working with my replacement receiver.

After all, its not particularly state-of-the-art.

Anthony

It used to work well and despite the consensus being that they are matched to the receiver and non-pairable, I live in the hope that there is someone out there with a soldering iron that can get it working with my replacement receiver.

It can be done as I've done one, but it's not the easiest process and the modified PCB doesn't look the tidiest. The "coding" is hard set on the PCB's by making or breaking a series of links.

Clarky3rdNut

Well Anthony, since you're just a short distance along the M4 from me, you could be the man with a soldering iron I have been looking for.

That's if you could ever be persuaded to do another one?

I take it that it's a case of soldering little wire bridges onto the PCB?

You may very well be collecting your pension by the time I get to sorting the remote C/L however.

Henry Yorke

ive managed to remove the electronic board from the car, the termial plug was a little green as if been damp, but a little bit of wd40 made no difference, still didnt work, so taken the unit into a local electronic place to check the unit over, hopefull it can be repaired..

It will be one of the pins on the connector which has rotted out. It is quite common on these with the moisture from the aerial

I believe my 92 car may have originally come with one of these (I don't have it now).

Is it possible to buy the remotes still (and somehow connect to my car)?

You can't get the remotes new, but it is also possible to connect a one button key infra red key from a 106 / 405 up to a PLIP receiver to get it working.

Henry, yes. Just like your picture. A red LED illuminates from behind the lion window when the button is depressed.

Everything is possible, but it is a real pain to do as has been said. I am armed with some knowledge and a soldering iron as I've done a few of these now

• Like 2

Clarky3rdNut

This is very good news. Seems as though I may have some options with this then. Reluctant options perhaps!

As said, I am a long way from getting to this stage yet. Hopefully you will both be around for quite some time so I can discuss things further when the time comes.

gmyorks

Just an update on the plip locking circuit board, ive picked it up from repair, the main "chip" on the board was faulty no output, this has been changed and +ve supply pin that was damaged swopped.

Ive been told the board is opperating under the ocillascope, and gives out 14 outputs, 4 of the 14 random so it doesnt just open other peugeots near by..??

To cut a long story short, wasnt sure if the thing would work in the car.. but im to give it a go when the car is back from the paint shop.

if its doesnt work might look at having an alarm fitted so it works the locking too.

Anthony

If it's the original the just changing the chip won't affect the coding so it should work. Surprised they didn't bench test it using the remote though...

gmyorks

hi..the guy had the remote too, he just couldnt work out how it sends a signal to the car to open and close the locks.. it was a little confusing to me too when he was on about electronic controls, ive 9 a4 pages on the circuit to look over..lol

Anthony

I'm slightly baffled how he diagnosed the chip was faulty but couldn't work out that part! In short it briefly earth's the relevant pin to lock and unlock, which the under dash module then in turn uses to drive the door lock motors.

• Like 1

gmyorks

I was told under the oscilloscope the main chip wasnt doing anything and now replaced can see its working, and with a broken input leg repaired, fingers crossed when i put the unit back in, it will work :)

Henry Yorke

So is it all fixed now and tested as working? It is pretty easy to set up a test on it as there are only 4 wires; 2 for power and two for the feed to the CL module. If you get stuck, I can match it up or recode a receiver to the remote fob. It will save on postage if you come to a Peugeot Sport Club meet in Sheffield :)

gmyorks

hi.. the car is in for some paint work at the min, the back of the roof and the bonnet had some dints in it, so ive got hold of a used one a dent in the drivers door and the odd scratch to sort.

when the car comes back, hopefully next week i can plug it all back in and try it.

i will keep you posted on how it goes. :D