• Welcome to 205GTIDrivers.com!

Hello dear visitor! Feel free to browse but we invite you to register completely free of charge in order to enjoy the full functionality of the website.

Sign in to follow this  
johniban

Jenvey Problems

johniban

Maybe it was tactical selling.. maybe they were trying to put me off other companys..

timoth123

Sandy,

I'm guessing as you've mentioned the chadil manifold you've come across them for the EW before?

Sandy

I've not seen a Chadil EW one. The TU ones are hideous, but the XU 16v one is ok.

dcc

3.63seconds is not to be sniffed at!

Cheeky c*nts aswell! Be interesting ti see their demeanor at the next meeting with Satchell's team!

j_turnell

I would do a search on google John, there has been some fascinating reading about Spoox on various forums over the years, most of which they don't advertise on for some reason... If your after an Omex 600 ecu give Northampton Motorsport a call, see what they can do price wise.

johniban

I'm after an ECU but other commitments have pushed back the 205 for a while, moutain biking costs alot more than i thought :/

welshpug

no s*it :lol:

even with bodies suspension mild cams etc, one bike is still more valuable than my zx, without thinking of the most valuable one of the ten :lol:

• Like 1

stuRALLYE

Just going to revive this thread, I've been in contact with jenvey trying to buy a pq2 linkage and I've had a reply saying the lever is available for £27.50 and a driver is £24 both plus vat and carriage.

Which part is the driver and do I need one? At those prices it's getting towards a normal linkage from them!

Cheers, Stu

welshpug

no idea specifically I'm afraid, I just ordered the bodies as they are, no extra cost.

stuRALLYE

Hmm ok, my bodies are unused but I bought them second hand so not an option for me. I assume the driver is the arm on the other set of bodies with the sprung clip which joins the lever. Maybe it has a longer arm which would explain why others needed to extend the arm to fit?

I think I'll order the lever first and see if I can get away with that.

welshpug

depends on your inlet spacing really, I think mine are quite close together.

stuRALLYE

Actually that's not correct, the arm is part of the lever side not the 'driver'.

welshpug

should be ok then.

edit, look back two pages, lever on mine is part of the one the cable attaches to.

Edited by welshpug

stuRALLYE

I've just ordered the linkage and the guy at jenvey said he would throw in the driver for no extra. Nice guy!

Edited by stuRALLYE
  • Like 1

Sandy

There has been a bit of a shake up in the TBs market lately, with new players and staff moving around. I've found Jenvey a lot more helpful and receptive lately; which has made a big difference.

johniban

What is the 'driver' part Stu?

i still don't think my PQ2 lever is correct, maybe i have an opossite fitting one or something as i have had to try to extend the arm on the lever to reach the other side and its upsetting the ballance of the bodies.

My spacing should be the same as yours Welsh as we have the same inlet mani?

johniban

Not having the ability to weld I had to drill and bolt.

7DD189DD-4F7F-4BD1-B156-A6FF7804D0FF_zps

Not having the ability to weld I had to drill and bolt.

7DD189DD-4F7F-4BD1-B156-A6FF7804D0FF_zps

I have done similar to this, how have you managed to ballance the bodies with such a big gap between them?