• Welcome to 205GTIDrivers.com!

Hello dear visitor! Feel free to browse but we invite you to register completely free of charge in order to enjoy the full functionality of the website.

Sign in to follow this  
m_john_m

Picking Up A 205 Mi16 Today

m_john_m

pug dealers! if you aren't getting the spring from a pug dealer dont buy it today.

Would they have to order the baffle in or should they have them in stock? I think I will call them today on my lunch!

The sum should be here Friday so could do with the parts asap

JeffR

Why don't you go to your local wrecker/scrappy/dismantler and buy an XU10 oil pump? That way you get the spring, baffle and better pump body with the sprocket cover which can't be retro fitted to an XU9 pump.

Miles

You'll be lucky to find a XU engine in the scrappy (Wreckers) well down here at least, anything over 10 years old is generally crushed within a day or 2

No Pug dealer will keep a Baffle plate (If available any more too) and being various types you need to make sure they order the right one so finding a used pump as Jeff said is the better option, the chain and drive means removing the cambelt to fit

welshpug

not my way miles, theyre often that there for a few weeks or months in the ones I go to.

m_john_m

thanks for all your help it really is appreciated!

iv just messaged the fella who im buying the sump off (he breaks 306's) to see if he has an ux10 oil pump!

be great to get it all delivered at once! doing everything i can to minimise this bloody problem! im surprised this problem didnt arise when they were testing prior to production!

m_john_m

does the xu10 oil pump come with the extended pickup?

welshpug

no, thats a custom fabricated item.

m_john_m

Oh right ok, sure I can do without this for now! IV ordered the pump and sump! Hopefully all be changed by Next week! Going to start a build threat on my car, IV almost stripped it out!

JeffR

You need to make a few decisions now to get the proper outcome regarding whether to go with or without the spacer/strengthening plate and your XU10 baffled sump.

Upside is you keep the block braced as Peugeot designed it for the alloy engine.

Downside is it's closer to the road surface by about 13mm & you'll need to extend the pick-up & oil pump baffle by that amount. Both these mods can be done yourself (pic shows oil pump cover, extended pick-up & pump baffle).

Pump%20baffle%20amp%20sprocket%20cover_z

Answers to the above will determine what sump bolts to use-either the longer XU9 bolts which take the spacer into account, or the shorter XU10 for the sump, no spacer.

m_john_m

You need to make a few decisions now to get the proper outcome regarding whether to go with or without the spacer/strengthening plate and your XU10 baffled sump.

Upside is you keep the block braced as Peugeot designed it for the alloy engine.

Downside is it's closer to the road surface by about 13mm & you'll need to extend the pick-up & oil pump baffle by that amount. Both these mods can be done yourself (pic shows oil pump cover, extended pick-up & pump baffle).

Pump%20baffle%20amp%20sprocket%20cover_z

Answers to the above will determine what sump bolts to use-either the longer XU9 bolts which take the spacer into account, or the shorter XU10 for the sump, no spacer.

Would I be ok just sticking the xu1 sump without the spacer and justify the new oil pump?

So fitting xu9 bolts? Will that work..... For now?

Where can youot the spacer and pickup from?

m_john_m

If you use the XU10 sump you'll need the XU10 shorter bolts. Can the sump seller also supply the 24 bolts?

As mentioned earlier, XU9 bolts are too long to use without the spacer.

There's a guy on Aussiefrogs with an Mi16 sump spacer for sale-

http://www.aussiefrogs.com/forum/parts-sale-wanted/116259-fs-1-9-mi16-sump-spacer.html

He might post.

I have already asked him about the bolts and he is throwing them in for me.

I will leave the spacer and extended pickup.... For now. I will do a couple of track days and see how it stacks up.

Thanks for all the info everyone! Will write up a build thread of my track build. It won't be as good as some peoples. It's already stripped ;) going to take it for a blast tomorrow to see the difference.

Does anyone know the limits on how far you can strip your car when used for the road. Is it illegal to have no door cards?

m_john_m

Just do e a bit more research and it seems you can just weld a piece of pipe to the end of the oil feed?????

Can this really work?

If so has anyone got any pics? I have found a spacer on eBay that I could get

Sorry for the billion questions, I just don't want to get it wrong :P

JeffR

After re-reading your thread it seems your Mi16 engine already has the spacer. Correct?
If so, you don't need to buy one.
Either ditch the spacer and use the XU10 sump & shorter cap head bolts and better XU10 oil pump, or keep the spacer, use the XU10 sump and extend the pump pick up with a tube welded on (as in my pic), make a new baffle which bolts to the oil pump and use the longer XU9 bolts already on your engine.

m_john_m

I'm not sure mate I will have a look tonight when I get home from work.

Would be great if all this has already been done ;) be a waste of money on my behalf lol!!! I'm hoping the person that built it has taken some precautions but doubt he did as he never fitted the proper management system!