• Welcome to 205GTIDrivers.com!

Hello dear visitor! Feel free to browse but we invite you to register completely free of charge in order to enjoy the full functionality of the website.

Sign in to follow this  
pugfrank

Flames And Smoke!

dcc

Oh just realised it's likely to be the whole engine bay loom - you'll be best off to pull the dashboard out, remove everything from the engine bay that you can, possibly even the radiator to make life easy. I would budget a good weekend to do it right.

• Like 1

mrfirepro

From the pictures I take it your replacing the near side loom?

if so here are some pictures that may help..

P1030889_666x500.jpg

P1030962_666x500.jpg

P1030963_375x500.jpg

P1030966_666x500.jpg

good luck,

Edited by mrfirepro

pugfrank

O!! looking like a much bigger job than expected!!

The damage to original loom was right but the battery where the loom held to body, melted washer bottle to dust!. I guessed its the whole engine loom that needs replacing?

Going to need some time to sike, myself up for this and a pass from the wife for the weekend!!

S@m

I've recently swapped a complete front end loom and dash loom on my 205, if the dash is removed then the front end loom isn't too much hassle to swap since you have easy access to the fusebox area - hardest part is getting the bulkhead grommet into place.

With the dash in it would very fiddly indeed but still likely possible.

If you've never played with 205 wiring before and decide its best to remove the dash and take things slowly then a couple of days is likely about right - much of which will be the dash removal and refitting rather than the loom swap.

pugfrank

Well I got a day pass from the wife to have a go at fixing the wiring today. I had purchased what I thought was the right wiring loom to do the job, it turns out it is not the bit I need!!

The replacement loom I got has the big ECU plug on one end onto injectors, AFM etc! Which is the main engine bay wiring loom? am I correct? which enters the engine bay through the bulk head near steering column.

My damaged wiring loom enters the engine bay under the coolant expansion bottle and runs down pass the suspension turret, behind the washer bottle down to the back of the nearside headlight area.

What's the name identity of this loom for sourcing a replacement one please anyone??

Does it just take the lights or other stuff to?

Thanks James

Tom Fenton

Sounds like the bit you need is what is commonly called the "headlamp" loom. As you say it feeds all the front end lights, plus the indicators, horn, washer pump, etc.

pugfrank

Thanks Tom, Thought as much, time to post in the wanted section then.