• Welcome to 205GTIDrivers.com!

Hello dear visitor! Feel free to browse but we invite you to register completely free of charge in order to enjoy the full functionality of the website.

Sign in to follow this  
Craig01

205 Gti Gutmann Restored

Simes

Is there still a T16 at Cov Transport Museum? Wonder if that could come along...

B555 SRW, has never been to pugfest. However a T16 Evo 2 has.

Craig01

B555 SRW, has never been to pugfest. However a T16 Evo 2 has.

I remember a couple of years ago a 405 (Dakar?) and a 306 Maxi being in attendance by a Gwynne Rally school. The 405 looked incredible, but are they a 205 T16 underneath? Just body changed for marketing purposes?

welshpug

Wasn't marketing specifically, they needed a longer car for the bigger fuel tanks, the first years they just made the chassis longer in the middle of the 205, I believe the ZX Dakar was the same chassis with a ZX silhouette.

Craig01

Wasn't marketing specifically, they needed a longer car for the bigger fuel tanks, the first years they just made the chassis longer in the middle of the 205, I believe the ZX Dakar was the same chassis with a ZX silhouette.

Ah I saw the ZX Dakar on Citroen stand at NEC, I think it was for the Classic show or TG Live. Looked incredible. I don't think you can watch Climb Dance without afterwards going on eBay and looking for an Mi16.

jackherer

looks a little bit dodgy infront of the rear wheel, like a little bit if a bodge repair, doesnt look over smooth like it should do :huh:

There appears to be a gap between the bodykit/wheelarch trim and the bodywork now I look closely in that area. The more I look the more I see that is wrong, the rear quarter window seals are completely shrunk, if you look at the interior shots you can see big gaps in the corners so you can be sure it leaks like a sieve.

I wouldn't be so critical if this was someone's car but as it was restored by Peugeot I think it is justified. If they are going to stop making and selling parts for 205s I don't think it is acceptable for them to claim to restore one for marketing purposes.

• Like 1

GeorgeXS

The drivers doorcard is coming away at the top as well. I don't actually like this that much, with the exception of the wheels I think all of the visual modifications are worse than the standard stuff.