• Welcome to 205GTIDrivers.com!

Hello dear visitor! Feel free to browse but we invite you to register completely free of charge in order to enjoy the full functionality of the website.

Sign in to follow this  
Craig01

205 Gti Gutmann Restored

aldworth33

That's really really nice

Edp

Lovely.

Love the 'i 16v' Badge too, runs off to 3d printer thread :)

• Like 1

Craig01

I see it's on Italian Press Fleet as well? Wonder if Peugeot UK could bring it over for Pugfest. 30 years and all that... It may anger 1FM owners with it's rarity (in the UK anyway) though.

• Like 1

aldworth33

They had 2 1fm's and a t16 rally car at fcs in 2009 for 25 years but don't know if they're doing the same this year, that would be good at pugfest though, seriously hope they do cos I'd love to see this car in the metal

willis

Very nice. I never realised that the later 309's had 16v 160 bhp engines in, though LHD only. Was it identical to the Mi16 lump?

cybernck

Not later models but a dedicated 309 GTI116 model with blue interior.

Yes, apart from the induction system arrangement.

2-Pugs

I see it's on Italian Press Fleet as well? Wonder if Peugeot UK could bring it over for Pugfest. 30 years and all that... It may anger 1FM owners with it's rarity (in the UK anyway) though.

:wacko: Eh? Why would a 1FM owner get angry? Personally I'd be just as interested to see that car as enyone else

Back on topic it does look lovely :)

Craig01

:wacko: Eh? Why would a 1FM owner get angry? Personally I'd be just as interested to see that car as enyone else

Back on topic it does look lovely :)

Just a joke! ;) I'm sure everyone would love to see it there!

Craig01

Is there still a T16 at Cov Transport Museum? Wonder if that could come along...

Pugleyrich

Was this the only model to have a glovebox handle like that?

It's a shame the leather on the seats don't seem to follow the contour of the bolsters like an original seat, but still a nice restoration

GLPoomobile

It's a shame the leather on the seats don't seem to follow the contour of the bolsters like an original seat, but still a nice restoration

Huh?

Does anyone know why they had to use a dizzy adapter on the 16v conversion?

Unless it's a clever trick of the light, it looks like it's been painted in a satin version of graphite grey. I really like it.

But for a restored example that is otherwise pretty mint, the engine bay does let it down a little. Yellowed reservoirs, no plug cover due to the leads protruding (you;d have thought they could have got some custom ignition leads made that would fit better), fuel return hose looking a bit ratty etc.

jackherer

But for a restored example that is otherwise pretty mint, the engine bay does let it down a little. Yellowed reservoirs, no plug cover due to the leads protruding (you;d have thought they could have got some custom ignition leads made that would fit better), fuel return hose looking a bit ratty etc.

I was about to post the same thing, it really needs to be finished off better under the bonnet, the oil cap is open to atmosphere FFS!

GLPoomobile

I was about to post the same thing, it really needs to be finished off better under the bonnet, the oil cap is open to atmosphere FFS!

Ha! I'd forgotten about that (spotted it the first time I looked at this topic a few days ago). Maybe it's been bunged inside with a bit of chewing gum or something, that we can't see in the photos.

welshpug

Its taped up, and the port on the throttle body blanked, dunno why.

no idea on the leads, but they all had dizzy adapters and modified ecu's, this is one of the Austrian guys Motronic 1.9, looks to have standard 1.9 16v leads.

its an 8 valve thermostat housing, with a specific drive piece.

9717423830_999a39fc39_b.jpg

Edited by welshpug

jackherer

They really need to send a message to Farmer to see if he can get any of the black plastic nuts that hold the carpet to the bulkhead in the front footwells :lol:

welshpug

naah, just get onto their own parts men :P

jackherer

You have to assume they tried that and failed surely?

GLPoomobile

So was the Gutmann version based on the 405 Mi16 engine? Did it use that engine complete, or just the head? I don't understand why the didn't use the complete the engine management system, instead opting to modify the 8v parts.

jackherer

They just used a 'long' block as would be supplied as a replacement for a 405, i.e. just the block and head so it needed the management and an inlet manifold. I don't know what they used for the exhaust manifold, that would be interesting to know.

I just posted a mildly critical comment on the article we are discussing but they have deleted it!

welshpug

Costs most likely, a new o.e ecu was quite expensive no doubt!

Specifically they say the head was from a 309, but I know the 16v engine bracket doesn't fit the 8v block as the casting is different, a few simple resistor or chip mods to the original ecu's are no doubt far cheaper, its an 8 valve single butterfly throttle body too.

GLPoomobile

Cheers guys. That does make perfect sense.

willis

Is there still a T16 at Cov Transport Museum? Wonder if that could come along...

There was when I was there around two years ago. Stunning.

1 FAT PUG

looks a little bit dodgy infront of the rear wheel, like a little bit if a bodge repair, doesnt look over smooth like it should do :huh:

would have thought it would have had the gutmann arches etc on aswell

Edited by 1 FAT PUG