• Welcome to 205GTIDrivers.com!

Hello dear visitor! Feel free to browse but we invite you to register completely free of charge in order to enjoy the full functionality of the website.

Sign in to follow this  
acox99

Yellow Driving Light Lenses

acox99

I'm in 2 minds weather to get a set of yellow driving light lenses, very 80's early 90's French. I can remember going over to France and most cars of the era had them.

I imagine they will look good on a lazer green car, but I can't find any colours other than a white car with yellow lights, if yours has, could you post a pic.

Ta

farmer

Getting a set of yellow Siems over shortly from Belgium if that interests you?

Pugleyrich

I bought some cheap yellow tint film from ebay for mine. Only cost a couple of quid so might be worth doing just so you have an idea what it will look like

Ams

The Denji's, Cibie's etc can vary in how vibrant the yellow is, depends on whether the glass is tinted yellow or the reflector. Also the light output is affected depending on the glass. Clear glass = long, narrow beam and ribbed glass = short, wide beam.

The yellow Siem lights (as pictures by Daviewonder) with the ribbed glass and yellow internal reflector/focus are the same items I ended up going for when I was looking to buy original Siem yellow driving/foglights (pictured below):

IMG_2202.jpg

I tried looking for clear glass, yellow reflector Siems but they were bloody impossible to find and AFAIK even more expensive (pictured below):

foglightsandsurround.jpg

Another option is to open your own existing set and painting the reflectors as shown in this handy thread: http://forum.205gtidrivers.com/index.php?showtopic=140433

And on topic, here's some images with various types of yellow lights on non-white cars:

CAM00174_880x660.jpg?1365863078&displayI

2h3zjx3.jpg

dscn1207y.jpg

205-griffe-6.jpg

Rjuhar

I have a set of used but very good condition yellow glass old style Siem driving lights for sale if anybody is interested.

2052NV

Has anyone figured out the best way to make/source headlamps with the yellow reflectors like the lazer green car? I have gone the cheap option and put a film on the lenses (bottom picture is my car) but it looks pretty cheap tbh.

gri005.jpg

20140206_152256.jpg

acox99

Thanks for the response everyone,

AMS Thankyou for the link, I like the idea of tinting the reflector instead of the glass, it's looks a bit to vibrant to me the tints glass, so I imagine that on the tinted reflector ones the clear glass is usually the same.

Farmer, are the glasses your bringing in original tinted siem ones.

The other option if they fit would be to tint a denji reflector so I can put the original reflectors to one side, or vise versa as the reason for doing it is that the original reflectors aren't great.

On the promo and the other lazer green car, are the headlamp reflectors tinted or it it the bulbs like the link that Rjuhar put up.

farmer

Yes original yellow from Pug

No frames though, just glass.

Getting hard to find even for me now

aldworth33

DSC_0085.jpg

Got the pug standard covers on mine, they look pretty cool

Daviewonder

gri005.jpg

My ones are the yellow bulb caps. They make the lights dimmer but I overcame this by using higher wattage bulbs. Yes, Denji lenses fit on Siem reflectors and vice versa.

iPlod999

I 2nd the dimmer lights.

I went for Osram Nightbreakers.

Much better.

Mac Crash

130/90's and yellow brush on applicant, comes in a little bottle, you can spray it on to avoid brush marks... probably the best method to have yellow lights and still see where your going... stating the obvious but mind the lights are only as good as the condition of the reflectors.

acox99

Mac crags I assume you mean paint the bulbs? Won't that create hot spots? Or do you mean lenses? You can buy yellow tinted h4's, I will try those over the covers first.

Mac Crash

Ali, no, don't paint the bulbs, you can buy it in liquid form, it comes with a brush applicator but no reason you can't airbrush it on the lamps instead to avoid brush marks. It's cheap, effective and easily removed if you change your mind, the yellow bulbs are pish, standard bulbs are bad enough without being yellow, the real problem with the 205 lights are the reflectors.

iPlod999

Go for the bulb caps/covers.

If you don't like the effect then you can just take them off.

I would imagine anything you paint on could be a bugger to remove.

Mac Crash

Depends what you want though, yellow lenses or yellow lights.

acox99

Yellow lights rather than lenses. I'm going to paint the driving light reflectors. I was contemplating yellow lights but as everyone has said. There like candles as they are so descent white bulbs without covers it it.