• Welcome to 205GTIDrivers.com!

Hello dear visitor! Feel free to browse but we invite you to register completely free of charge in order to enjoy the full functionality of the website.

Sign in to follow this  
johniban

What Throttle Bodies

rallyeash

Normally 106 jenveys aren't DCOE's.

Have a look on the 306gti6.com forum. Baz is selling one of the Satchell/lotus 45mm setups. I had a set on mine a few years ago and very good.

My brother has them on his 306 Rallye too and that's 191@ wheels.

johniban

yeh i dont think they are dcoe, ill have a look

johniban

just had a look at baz set up, doesnt say what throttle bodies they are, but they look a bit of a diy set up for a lot of money!

rallyeash

No there lotus esprit ones. 45mm and produced by Colin Satchell. There probably better made than a Jenvey.

Simes

that's plus vat, and you don't need a linkage.

The linkage makes your life much easier and neater.

I'd opt for it.

Simes

For emerald there is a place in Portsmouth that are good, More into there VAG Stuff, Will post the name up when the old thinking caps back on

www.jkm.org.uk

He did my first emerald map on the GTI-6 inlet.

welshpug

The linkage makes your life much easier and neater.

I'd opt for it.

not if you get the direct pull bodies, all you need is an outer cable stop, easy to make up.

stu8v

What's the prices like on Colin's setups?

You just never hear of the costs...

Or is it a case of mail him for a quote?

welshpug

They're a bit busy these days to do the amount of work needed to do the Bike body setups, so they offer a service where they modify a standard 16v XU inlet by cutting off the plenum chamber and welding on DCOE flanges, this allows a longer inlet due to the curve placing the bodies in a move favourable position by far over the off the shelf Jenvey inlet.

8894919948_1624488868_c.jpg

Miles

Same here, I always use the std Jenvey Linkage, Much better I think and having done my fair share too

Thats the one JKM, one of the few that list the mapping as it should be listed really, anything upto 5 days

Edited by Miles

dcc

I actually believe having used both types of the linkages, that the direct pull option is far neater, £100 cheaper, less mechanical operations and generally a far better design.

I'll try take a good photo of how I have done mine tomorrow

Sandy

I don't like the Jenvey linkage at all, it's needlessly fussy to set up ( the geometry is non linear in a bad way) and becomes very sticky/jerky with age, I think it looks scruffy too! A direct pull "PQ2 lever" with a basic bracket made will take the OE cable perfectly and is always smooth and linear in operation, an additional spring is easily added too when required.

We're not making the Lotus kits anymore, the supply of bodies has dried up and doing XU bike bodies kits is too labour intensive for what people will pay and is only suitable for up to about 230bhp. TBH I'm crying out for decent quality aftermarket bodies at a decent price and we've been pushing around a few designs of our own to solve the problems I regularly see with the well known brands.

johniban

I don't like the Jenvey linkage at all, it's needlessly fussy to set up ( the geometry is non linear in a bad way) and becomes very sticky/jerky with age, I think it looks scruffy too! A direct pull "PQ2 lever" with a basic bracket made will take the OE cable perfectly and is always smooth and linear in operation, an additional spring is easily added too when required.

We're not making the Lotus kits anymore, the supply of bodies has dried up and doing XU bike bodies kits is too labour intensive for what people will pay and is only suitable for up to about 230bhp. TBH I'm crying out for decent quality aftermarket bodies at a decent price and we've been pushing around a few designs of our own to solve the problems I regularly see with the well known brands.

What would you recommend someone like me go for after hearing different views about jenveys ECt I'm not too sure, they seemed like a good bet to me as I have a dcoe inlet already and the bodies aren't too expensive. 230bhp is good enough for me!! I just can't decide what is best to go for.

Miles

The other plus is Jenvey's will always be worth good money second hand

johniban

thats very true, when ever i see them pop up on ebay they are gone in a flash

kyepan

If you can get a set of the old Esprit bodies, they will perform well, and sound utterly to die for, they really are the best sounding bodies out there... given the chance this is what i would buy.

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=FqK3oikKow0

The bike body setups (i have an earlier gsxr setup) are reasonable and allow phased injectors, good for about 7-8 FtLbs across the rev range over a single injector ITB setup.

These are generally have a bit less hammer than jenveys due to the trumpet shape, they sound like a small elephant having his balls stood on.

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=jjzwj6lrIvA

The Later Satchel Manifold and TH bodies are probably the ones to go for if you want something new, they can do twin injector too...

The sound of Jenveys.

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=fOw2Kd9WB3c

petert

They're a bit busy these days to do the amount of work needed to do the Bike body setups, so they offer a service where they modify a standard 16v XU inlet by cutting off the plenum chamber and welding on DCOE flanges, this allows a longer inlet due to the curve placing the bodies in a move favourable position by far over the off the shelf Jenvey inlet.

8894919948_1624488868_c.jpg

The angle at the TB flange is too severe for my liking. That's a massive corner to turn.

Sandy

Necessity dictates, the space is too limited to do anything else, but you can't see how it's ported inside and the substantial increase in mid range over the Jenvey manifold, back to back, shows it works!

Edited by Sandy

petert

I appreciate what you're saying but mine is made the same way, with 48mm bodies. It doesn't turn that hard and still fits under the bonnet on an iron block.

post-2864-0-63645500-1392965493_thumb.jpg

welshpug

I have a zx ;)

petert

I have a zx ;)

Your point being?

welshpug

Have a blooming guess!!

petert

You like 45 deg turns?

johniban

I have a gti6 engine in a 205 that's what I want the bodies for. I have an inlet manifold not sure on the make was just going to get jenveys as they are cheap at around £400 just for the bodies and easy to sell on again.

• Like 1

welshpug

You like 45 deg turns?

fml

so it bloody fits, and as sandy said, its not a 45 degree bend.

8894951370_76ee430a68_c.jpg

8894943682_44ec7837e6_c.jpg