• Welcome to 205GTIDrivers.com!

Hello dear visitor! Feel free to browse but we invite you to register completely free of charge in order to enjoy the full functionality of the website.

Sign in to follow this  
Ian205

Best Running Gear To 205 Rwd Conversion?

MiniGibbo

Common sense aside I'd rather see a slower rwd 205 parked in a field than a fwd stripped to bare minimum run of the mill 16v which is four tenths quicker around a circuit no one cares about..

But yes I am very max power ;)

Edit: in short I bet the rwd 205 would be ten times more enjoyable on the road and circuit than the quicker bland 16v.

Edited by MiniGibbo

allye

Edit: in short I bet the rwd 205 would be ten times more enjoyable on the road and circuit than the quicker bland 16v.

Is your RWD 205 not going ot be 16v then? :huh:

I wouldn't mind betting that a RWD conversion, done on any car, by the most skilled fabricators is not going to be quite right. Manufacturers spend silly money developing this stuff!

Biggles

You reckon ? A friend of mine had a K12 Micra rwd conversion using Ford running gear - it was spot on !! VERY quick (2L Duratec under the bonnet) with sublime handing to match.

allanallen

Common sense aside I'd rather see a slower rwd 205 parked in a field than a fwd stripped to bare minimum run of the mill 16v which is four tenths quicker around a circuit no one cares about..

But yes I am very max power ;)

Parked in a field? Bloody show pony :P

I'm all for a Rwd conversion and/or doing something different, I'm just of the opinion that if you're gonna do something, do it properly! Not just a lash up for 'scene points'

Vili

For MiniGibbo I would recommend to put an air cooled Porsche flat six on the front with Alfa transaxle in the back. That should look cool in a field. (Actually this sounds so wrong that I might do it myself.)

But probably a little easier and a lot faster option could be charged mi16 on the front and Porsche 944 transaxle in the back. Parts are comfortably cheap and available as well.