• Welcome to 205GTIDrivers.com!

Hello dear visitor! Feel free to browse but we invite you to register completely free of charge in order to enjoy the full functionality of the website.

Sign in to follow this  
mhyphenl

Reduced Oil Pressure, Was Ok!

mhyphenl

Thank Tom, I think :)

Are there any Hidden areas or likely permanent damage done to bits I can't replace? I'm a bit worried about the head which doesn't have bearings as such to protect it, If its scored I guess it's a new head?!

welshpug

They do, or should have, a filter in the oil feed gallery between block and head.

mhyphenl

I'm not sure thats there, I cant see it on service box? Does it sit in the block or the head or is it part of the head gasket?

Anthony

It sits in the oil feed just inside the head, a cylindrical filter about an inch or so long

S@m

The filter is part no. 118608 if you wanted to find it on servicebox to see what/where it is.

mhyphenl

great thanks, got that now. I'll check to see if its there, if not I'll worry!! In terms of getting the right bearings, where is the best place to go? peugeot do them at about £70 for each set , (main and big end!) is there any better sources, we seem to have a severe lack of engineering places in Derby, one I've used before which were absolutely terrible!

mhyphenl

Hi All,

Thanks so much for your help on this so far!

So, this weekend I had chance to clean out the oil pump and sump etc and get rid of all the silt like mess which was a mixture of blast medium and white metal I'm guessing! I looked at a few more bearings, the ones I could get to without removing the sump spacer. There is some light scoring but not terrible. I decided to give everything another flush and see if the cleaning of the oil pump and freeing of the pressure relief piston made any difference, it seemed to be stuck slighly open. I put everything back together with a fresh oil filter and put a load of cheap oil in. Started her up and woosh, normal pressure resumes! I'm going to run her up to temp two or three times to see if any more crap collects and then strip and rebuild! Its got the water cooled oil cooler so It's worth passing oil through a few times to make sure all the pipeing for that is clear!

Anyone with any ideas for bearing supply?

cheers, Martin