• Welcome to 205GTIDrivers.com!

Hello dear visitor! Feel free to browse but we invite you to register completely free of charge in order to enjoy the full functionality of the website.

Sign in to follow this  
acox99

New Key Blanks

stufarri

These are the blanks I got (not the best of pics, sorry!):

Picture077.jpg

Grandos, I think you are correct as on the underside of the genuine key, where the metal blade comes out, some of the dimples are still there.

stufarri

Just to advise that PSCUK are now investigating a bulk manufacture of the keys above.

We are hoping that if this is successful, these will be on sale at Pugfest on 14/7.

Edited by stufarri
  • Like 1

BlueBolt

According to the bloke I spoke to then they were the same as orriginals. Non remote locking, from my VIN number to match them to... At £5.60 I might give them a try and see what comes of it

• Like 1

farmer

[

According to the bloke I spoke to then they were the same as orriginals. Non remote locking, from my VIN number to match them to... At £5.60 I might give them a try and see what comes of it

This is the key in old stock in Belgium.

post-20427-0-34781000-1368049229.jpg

Edited by farmer

tartanbloke

Just to advise that PSCUK are now investigating a bulk manufacture of the keys above.

We are hoping that if this is successful, these will be on sale at Pugfest on 14/7.

I'd have one in a shot to match my original (from 1989) that I don't use for the fear of breaking it.

Weser

I will definitley take some.

Also I am pretty sure I have a mint orginal key as a spare if you still need to see one Stu?

stufarri

Thanks Weser can you post a picture if it up here please?

ORB

Slight deviation, I just bought this for 3 quid off eBay.

null_zpsbb1765c6.jpg

Anthony

Snap - just bought one myself, as it worked out cheaper buying the casing, button and key blank than it did just the button alone :wacko:

Weser

Will get on it when I am at home tonight.

Have you got a item number for that (sorry if this is against forum rules)? Do the internals fit ok? I could use one of those as well!

ORB

Item no - 400377543003

Yes, the guts fit perfectly!

ORB

Next to an old original

null_zps11267a5b.jpg

stufarri

I saw these and I fancied one too as I fitted the dome and use a late 405 key on my K plate GTI.

Good value too at £3.

205Rallee

I have found a manufaturing source for these keys and am looking at if this is viable for the PSCUK.

Farmer, is there any way of getting a picture of a new original dealer supplied key or a key itself for a reasonable fee so that I can get it copied. I have a 20yr old used key but I doubt it looks the same as a new one. I bought some blanks off ebay last week and just want to ensure that they are 100% accurate (they do have NEIMAN FRANCE and the Lion logo on them already)

The ones on the French forum look a bit cheapish but the pictures are poor quality so would be interested to hear what these are like.

I hope someone can help!

Driving my 205 Rallye down from Cumbria to the 205 Rallye Club annual meet at Sochaux next Thursday so I'll see what their keys are like. I've had other parts off them and they are spot on:)

Weser

Here are pics of my genuine keys:

null_zpsab2658c1.jpg

null_zps6e0091d9.jpg

stufarri

Superb, they are textured, as I was hoping just like the ones I bought and we are looking into.

Many thanks Weser.

Weser

No problem mate.

Anthony

Do the internals fit ok? I could use one of those as well!

Yes, the guts fit perfectly!

Interesting, as the internals were a terrible fit in mine due to it not having the little clips/retaining tabs inside, meaning that both the PCB and batteries move slightly (indeed, sufficiently so that the fob refused to work presumably due to a bad connection on the battery).

What I ended up doing was using the button from the new fob in the old casing, and that works perfectly, and when I get around to getting it cut, the new key blade fits the old casing fine too. Even with binning the new casing, it's still very cheap for just the button and key blade.

I know that there's more than one make of fob internal, so perhaps some fit better than others, or perhaps the tolerances on the new casing are a bit lousy. Mine was a Valeo fob, taken from a late (1995) 405 for what it's worth.

Goliath

I don't mean to piss on anyone's bonfire, but if you are going to reproduce these keys with the Peugeot logo won't there be a copyright issue to deal with? Not just for the manufacturer but also for the seller?

ORB

Interesting, as the internals were a terrible fit in mine due to it not having the little clips/retaining tabs inside, meaning that both the PCB and batteries move slightly (indeed, sufficiently so that the fob refused to work presumably due to a bad connection on the battery).

- to be fair, I removed all the little clips and stuff from another key -

I do see your point though, you can't just bang a PCB in and off you go

stufarri

PSCUK are loosely affiliated (they formed us as a club in 1985) so that will not be an issue I have discussed part reproductions with my Peugeot UK contact and no concerns were raised at the time.

We are only selling small volumes on forums for enthusiasts not on Ebay for the masses.

• Like 1

stufarri

They area modern interpretation with square shoulders, no dimples and no NEIMAN FRANCE on them. And they normally sell for £20+ which is expensive.

Luke

I have found a manufaturing source for these keys and am looking at if this is viable for the PSCUK.

Farmer, is there any way of getting a picture of a new original dealer supplied key or a key itself for a reasonable fee so that I can get it copied. I have a 20yr old used key but I doubt it looks the same as a new one. I bought some blanks off ebay last week and just want to ensure that they are 100% accurate (they do have NEIMAN FRANCE and the Lion logo on them already)

The ones on the French forum look a bit cheapish but the pictures are poor quality so would be interested to hear what these are like.

I hope someone can help!

Here are the ones from French forum:

photo.jpg

stufarri

They look good, just a little bit more modern than the originals.

If you don't mind me asking, how much were these posted please?