• Welcome to 205GTIDrivers.com!

Hello dear visitor! Feel free to browse but we invite you to register completely free of charge in order to enjoy the full functionality of the website.

Sign in to follow this  
acox99

New Key Blanks

acox99

I've seen a new copy of the peugeot key used on the 205's 405's 309's etc for sale on eBay but they are expensive!

Is it someone on here who is reproducing them, or is there another source for them.

Wilky

How much are they at the dealers?

jord294

If you could get them at dealers, they'd probably be about £4 each

acox99

Does anyone know if there still available? That's a lot of money £16 odd quid for a blank! The guy puts one on at a time. Good way to make money!

ORB

There's loads of places if you google it! - I bought one a year or so ago for 3 quid

chipstick

Does anyone know if there still available? That's a lot of money £16 odd quid for a blank! The guy puts one on at a time. Good way to make money!

Is it a really a lot of money though really?

The guy has had to invest to get to this stage of offering them.

£16 doesn't buy a great deal these days.

If your in the need of a finishing touch - it's not bad value, especially as you can't buy them new.

acox99

That's true chipstick, you dont get a lot. I'm not slating as if that's all that's available and you want one then your pay it. I'm considering one. I was just thinking that's expensive if there still available from the dealers. But I'm sure he has done his research and if they where then wouldn't have got involved in reproducing them. I'm supprised there not a member.

acox99

I miss read that as they are not of they where. So not bad value as you see if you want a finishing touch.

MiniGibbo

I need a second key ony having one... Are they no longer available from Peugeot then..?

jord294

The o/e square plastic keys are NLA from main dealer.

You can order an uncut key with the o/e part number, but you'd get a kind of teardrop shaped key instead

• Like 1

farmer

Autohaus Deckert GmbH, 66424, HOMBURG 3 in stock 9926L6

NV SERNEELS, 3200, AARSCHOT 1 in stock 9926L6

Duran Ieper NV, 8900, IEPER 1 in stock 9926L6

NV GARAGE DURAN, 8970, POPERINGE 1 in stock 9926L6

Peugeot Automobiles Australia, NSW 2140 , HOMEBUSH 22 in stock 9926L6

Garage Gabo-Bielen NV, 3520 , ZONHOVEN 1 in stock 9926L6

Also i believe Truscotts of Exeter may have 1 in stock 9926L6

Any of the above may be the old key design as Andy was going on about above,enquires would have to be made etc.

9926 L7 are cut to order and are back ordered till the 10th of May

Edited by farmer

chipstick

30 keys on their way to Scotland as we speak then no doubt now :lol:

• Like 1

farmer

If anybody wants me to ask for photographs of the keys i can certainly ask.

stufarri

I bought some old stock last night on Ebay (there were only 10 for sale) and am planning on getting minimum order quantities (MOQ) and prices for PSCUK to look into.

All the manufacturers will need a blank to copy so I have bought a few to make enquiries.

No guarantees at this stage - 1 place I heard back from the MOQ was 3000 units which is far too much and they have asked to see a key to price it up.

farmer

One of my sources tells me he may have 300 of these keys in stock.

Whether that is a stock error and if they are square needs to determined.

tartanbloke

It would be fab to have a spare that matches the original and happy to pay a premium. I keep mine safe and sound as replacing it looks to be a large challenge.

205Rallee

Unlimited supplies of these at 9 euros each on 205rallye.net :)

acox99

My French is below par to say the least!

Luke

I'm just ordering one from 205rally.net

I will let you know how I get on with Google translating the page for me!

stufarri

I have found a manufaturing source for these keys and am looking at if this is viable for the PSCUK.

Farmer, is there any way of getting a picture of a new original dealer supplied key or a key itself for a reasonable fee so that I can get it copied. I have a 20yr old used key but I doubt it looks the same as a new one. I bought some blanks off ebay last week and just want to ensure that they are 100% accurate (they do have NEIMAN FRANCE and the Lion logo on them already)

The ones on the French forum look a bit cheapish but the pictures are poor quality so would be interested to hear what these are like.

I hope someone can help!

BlueBolt

Peugeot by me have told me if you have the key number then you an order them cut already for under £14

£5.60 as a blank blade though... Not a bad price really!!

farmer

Am working on finding a square key as surprisingly those dealers on my list have the modern shape.

So either Pug changed the design quickly or looks like am out of luck.

Have asked the parts chief in Zonhoven to ask Duran if he has the old key style.

stufarri

Thanks farmer. Bluebolt, that will be for a new style not the original square type I think.

The copies I bought look spot on but have a dimpled all over finish rather than a smooth plastic finish that my keys have. As I said above 20 years of use may well have removed the dimples that they originally came with (or not). I'd like to know either way.

I'll try and post a picture up of the re-made ones later.

Edited by stufarri

grandos

I think they came with a dimpled finish that has worn smooth, couldn't be 100% but I am pretty sure. I think one of the spares on an old car of mine was near mint condition and that had dimples.

Regards Ben