• Welcome to 205GTIDrivers.com!

Hello dear visitor! Feel free to browse but we invite you to register completely free of charge in order to enjoy the full functionality of the website.

Sign in to follow this  
Batfink

[Race_Prep] Batfinks Garage - The Projects

Batfink

Not a lot. Sadly my work commitments have meant little progress. I'm clearing cars out so I will be able start spraying early next year.

Juttie205

where did you get your car dipped as im toying on getting the dimma shell done

Batfink

company is called Envirostrip UK

calvinhorse

where did you get your car dipped as im toying on getting the dimma shell done

Take the arches off first yeah! :D

DC2T

Have you started fitting the engine yet mate? Just been browsing through as i should be starting mine soon. Id recommend the hondata s300 ecu as its plug and play and fully mapable. Ive got mine ready for my turbo install in my integra but will buy another as im going throttle bodies for the 205. Youre looking at about 500 quid new so not bad at all. A guy called will at RDT is a renowned mapper of them if you need someone to do it. I have also just bought a new skunk2 inlet manifold which i have copied the flange off on solidworks and have drawn up an intake runner set to mount itbs to. Im trying to get the flow analysis to work on them but they should be decent id imagine. Ill post some pics when i get home if youre interested

Edited by DC2T

rallyeash

I'd imagine he'll run DTA and Sandy will map it once complete

Batfink

I got it in the engine bay and worked out what needed doing. It fitted nicely :-) Plan is to use a template of the honda top mounts to make a base plate in steel, then weld some chopped up 106 lower engine brackets on. Hard to explain but basically the honda mounts are huge so I need something smaller and more compact. The 106 brackets are iron rather than alloy so I can cut the bush housing off and weld it to my baseplates. I'll use a DTA. Sandy is a bit far sadly. I have a place in Essex which is top notch and are very knowledgable with honda engines. Chassis needs some holes filled first!

I plan to get the car running on the standard engine I think. Maybe on Jenveys if I feel flush. Hopefully I won't get distracted too much by my Corolla but that does need a paint job as well this winter.

Edited by Batfink

DC2T

No worries, hopefully ill have my shell within the next week or 2 and crack on from there. Ill bare that in mind for the mounts mate, ill be machining up everything i can so if i find something that works ill let you know my findings

kyepan

is the BTCC engineer coming back to help?

Batfink

In two weeks. He's in Africa on a Porsche safari

• Like 1