• Welcome to 205GTIDrivers.com!

Hello dear visitor! Feel free to browse but we invite you to register completely free of charge in order to enjoy the full functionality of the website.

Sign in to follow this  
Slo

Got The 2.0 Turbo In At Last But Lots Of Problems

Slo

Ive just fitted my turbo engine into my phase 1 cti and it would have been easier to give birth, my god its so heavy. The engine is too far over to the offside and the crankshaft pully is slightly under the inner wing, also it doesn't seem to sit straight, like one of the top mounts is in the wrong position. I've replaced the gearbox with one i got from someone on here as the original one that was on the car, while it worked perfectly and had the hole for the CAS sensor, the hole wasn't bored out enough and its screw hole wasn't even drilled out. Anyway pictures tell a thousand words.....

IMG_20130127_225513_zpse106a48f-1_zpsae4

IMG_20130127_225701_zps3b912347.jpg

The engine i took out was a 1.9 but i'm unsure if the box was the original 1.6 box or not. The box i've fitted has a code its 2BP25, i've googled it and found reference to a DFZ engine. Has anyone else come across this or know anyway round this?

Btw i've adjusted the gearbox mount as much over to the nearside as it will go.

allye

Rather terrible photos! Some better ones would help.

Slo

Apart from being over exposed by my camera flash im not sure what else to take a picture of, you can see the 405 mount and the crank pulley under the wing slightly and the angle of the cam cover in relation to the top the bulkhead

DamirGTI

Undo the gearbox mount and try to move it around a bit (it has some sideways clearance in the housing) .. so you can gain some clearance by re-positioning the gearbox mount ..

Also check the bottom mount , might need to stretch/short it in order to get an desired engine angle .

Damir B)

Edited by DamirGTI

dcc

Could be mounting stud on gearbox is in the wrong position.

could also be wrong mounting stud. did you swap it for a 205 item?

Slo

No I just swapped the box over but they look identical to me apart from a large flange at the base of the mount that doesn't seem to touch anywhere on the body mounting.

Fitted box...

IMG_20130128_012641.jpg

Original box

IMG_20130128_010603.jpg

Edited by Slo

dcc

Ah

I ask as some BE3 boxes came with different locations for the mounting stud.

But also, some of the studs vary in length. If your gearbox is lower, it will throw the opposite end of the engine towards a similar shape as yours has shown.

Use the stud from your original gearbox on the new gearbox.

Did the lower engine mount line up ok?

Slo

The lower mount is spot on in line, I havent extended it yet though. I havent tried the alternator/steering pump and brackets setup yet, pending it having room to fit I might just chop a thin section of the inner wing out reverse it and weld it back in to give clearance for the steering pump belt.

Daviewonder

Can we have a face on photo of the bottom pulley please?

pugdamo

I am only making a suggestion but can you not get different angled top mounts?

The top mount on mine is a completely different set up but you can get the xsara VTS/306 GTI6 top mount that is the correct mount to use,but i also got a mount off a Xsara VTR that is almost straight and if i used that it would make the engine sit at a different angle

Hope that makes some sort of sense :blush:

Miles

The XM mounts are fine to use in any PSA car, Gearbox stud is fine as well, it's only if coming off a 06 model you need to change them as the dia is different.

Slo

This 405 mount is fine I think, the engine appears to be in the correct position anyway. The crank pulley isnt touching the inner wing theres plenty of room, that isnt the issue,what is the issue is the steering pump pulley that is part of the crank is sticking out slightly under the chassis. Remember the gti engine has a 1 belt setup whereas this engine has a 2 belt system that is wider.

pugdamo

Ahhh now i understand,my engine setup is completely different to mine then,i have 1 belt running the lot.I can see in the pic now that you have an extra part on the pulley,could you not use the GTI6 alternator/PAS pump bracket and have the PAS pump run off the same belt as the alternator?

Slo

Well the learning curve continues, i've never heard of that setup have you got a picture of it?

Slo

I've had a good look around and it seems like the 306 pump is fixed and the adjuster being on the alternator, infact same as the 205 setup. Which reminded me a few years ago i bought a brand new pump for a 605 but it turned out to be the wrong one. It's for a diesel i think but it uses the same vee'd belt as the alternator and crank pulley whereas my 605 pump uses a V belt, so i've still got this pump and it looks identical to all the 306 pumps i've seen pictures of.

pugdamo

I don't have the GTI6 set up but i have read on here that it will fit,mine is the standard set up that came on my engine,ill go and take a pic of it in a bit,not sure how clear it will look but ill try my best

pugdamo

A few pics as promised

2013-01-29203759.jpg2012-12-29161406.jpg2013-01-29203740.jpg2013-01-29203824.jpg

Hope they help

Edited by pugdamo

Slo

Thanks damo nice one, dont think thats going to help me much as it looks completely different to mine. Even that area of the block looks different, on mine the steering pump hangs from the engine mount, the alternator bracket is proabably the same though and what the eck is that timing belt tensioner doing there? Is it for the air con? You seem to have some sort of extra mount between the pump and alternator.

No luck with my "new" pump either it has one less vee on the pulley than the others and nothing to mount it too either. Back to some more headscratching.

Oh and i've just taken the studs out of each gearbox and their identical in size and length.

IMG_20130129_220439.jpgIMG_20130129_220347.jpg

Edited by Slo

pugdamo

God yours is loads different,my PAS pump and alternator are not mounted onto the block they are on a separate bracket,im sure someone on here would know whether the GTI6/VTS alternator/PAS pump bracket would fit your block,i cant see any reason why it wouldn't,but if it would fit you would need the mounting bracket,,top engine mount arm,the PAS pump,alternator and all the pulleys including crank pulley,i guess you could keep the steel sump.Its a lot of extra parts to find but could be an easier way around it if you could find a car at the scrappy or parts on here.

That tensioner i put there,i saw Anthony use the same set up on a GTI6 engine and it is really simple i just need to find a belt to fit.

Good luck with yours,not that iv been any use but im all out :(

Slo

No worries damo thanks for the input, whats really annoying is the rgy lump is supposed to be from the xm and the rgx from the 605 yet ive had 3 605 turbos and all 3 engines were rgy's yet totally different ancilliaries to the xm, i've got a xm pocket mechanics book that im currenty scanning so I can OCR it into a searchable pdf file, a bit like the 205 haynes pdf thats floating about and even in that it states that the xm has the rgy lump and no mention of a rgx. Damm citroen lol

• Like 1

Miles

Are you sure thats a PS pump and not a Suspension pump as I thought not a know much about Citroens the brakes, Steering all come off 1 pump

Just swap over to the 6 mount, dead easy as seen here

DSC00321_zpse1702068.jpg

DSC00063_zpsdf7ea615.jpg

• Like 1

Slo

Drooooooooooooooooooool thats well lush.

Yes its definately the PAS pump, it was variable pas on the 605 too i've still got the regulator and control module and it all runs off the vss.

I've looked on service box and the bracket is still available @ £223 so don't think i'll be buying one anytime soon........

unless someone on here's has got one for sale from a blown engine :/

Undo the gearbox mount and try to move it around a bit (it has some sideways clearance in the housing) .. so you can gain some clearance by re-positioning the gearbox mount .. Also check the bottom mount , might need to stretch/short it in order to get an desired engine angle . Damir B)

I loosened it and I could see the play that there is but there's not enough so i've taken the mount off and cut one side of the mounts off so the mount can move further over, this has provided a lot of room but not quite enough and no doubt something else will now be out of line now.

Edited by Slo

Slo

Next obstacle is this

2A27C1A5-F8CC-4580-A3F7-9F32C64EE1EF-158-00000034091B64F4_zps7671163e.jpg

I've already got a pump that fits and bought a new alternator and idler pulley and tensioner/belt but the brackets got the mounting spacers for the pump/alternator missing how do I get round this?

I've thought about threaded bar with lock nuts but it would be nice to have it all original. Any ideas?

Slo

Can you remove these pipes without destroying them? Its facing 180 degrees the wrong way

IMG_20130304_144050_zpsfeec0448.jpg

Slo

Sorted my power steering now ive bought the entire gti6 setup. Next problem whats this connector for coming out of the ecu plug for?

IMG_20130423_122640_zps6c622ca3.jpg

Been so long since i removed it ive got no idea