Welcome to the brand new 205GTIDrivers.com website! We hope you'll enjoy it! Read the full notice here.

• Welcome to 205GTIDrivers.com!

Hello dear visitor! Feel free to browse but we invite you to register completely free of charge in order to enjoy the full functionality of the website.

Sign in to follow this  
Jemehan

205 Fuel Pump Choices

allanallen

It's common on lots of cars to have submerged terminals.

rikky

Just for reference, I have this one on my 205 gti6, replacing the standard pump:

http://www.ebay.co.uk/itm/Walbro-GSS340-255-LPH-High-Pressure-IN-TANK-Fuel-Pump-With-Filter-Element-/160822661118?ssPageName=ADME:L:OC:GB:3160

(Walbro GSS340 255 LPH High Pressure IN TANK Fuel Pump With Filter Element)

I spoke to Torques and they informed me I needed that one, and I've retrofitted it into my existing pump housing :)

Edited by rikky

Ballyafb

Just for reference, I have this one on my 205 gti6, replacing the standard pump:

http://www.ebay.co.uk/itm/Walbro-GSS340-255-LPH-High-Pressure-IN-TANK-Fuel-Pump-With-Filter-Element-/160822661118?ssPageName=ADME:L:OC:GB:3160

(Walbro GSS340 255 LPH High Pressure IN TANK Fuel Pump With Filter Element)

I spoke to Torques and they informed me I needed that one, and I've retrofitted it into my existing pump housing :)

FINALLY! Someone has found a low pressure in tank and made it fit the standard mount. I used this >>

http://www.glencoeltd.co.uk/hi-in-tank-low-pressure-feeder-pump-filter-ac-1336/#

Need to make an adaptor as it is really small. Cheap though.

allanallen

Bally, why is it cheating using a standard hp pump to feed the swirl pot? In correctly made system with a return, the pot won't pressurise so what's the issue?

Tom Fenton

What about a late 205 SPI 1400 pump? I reckon that will be rated to less pressure/flow?

Or run a ballast resistor in line to the GTI pump to reduce power the pump runs at, and hence flow

• Like 1

Henry Yorke

Or run a ballast resistor in line to the GTI pump to reduce power the pump runs at, and hence flow

Technically you could put a pot / variable resistor on that and have whatever flow speed you want so you could "tune" it.

allanallen

But why?????

welshpug

indeed,

as mark and lard said, NO NEEEED!

Rakandy

Hi, so as I can see Walbro 255 doesn't fit Phase 1 fuel pump casing so well as it is shorter, smaller diameter and has no centered outlet. Then what would be the best replacement for the Phase 1 (52mm diameter) Bosch 0580464993 fuel pump?

image.png.cb08dea2c4b69c12140babf132593550.png

Vaizdo rezultatas pagal užklausÄ âpeugeot 205 fuel pumpâ

mrmarcos

Woodymi16 I bought the same pump off ebay. New and works perfect! The only difference is the part number ends on a 3 onstead of an 8 for the original phase 1 and 1.5. Works fine and has the same fuel pressure as factory stated..

Tom Fenton

Fuel pressure control nothing to do with the pump. The regulator on the end of the fuel rail governs pressure. The pump just supplies a flow of fuel.

Rakandy
1 hour ago, woodymi16 said:

Nevertheless part number is the same, it looks different and dimensions are not the same too: 21.5 x 6.4 x 6.4 cm

There are very cheap options on Aliexpress that look identical, same dimmensions and have the same part number. However they say it is for Fiat Croma and Lancia Thema.

Anyone knows if it would be good for 205 GTI?
https://nl.aliexpress.com/wholesale?catId=0&initiative_id=SB_20180622022751&SearchText=0580464998

Rakandy

Anyone? I'm pretty sure its shape will be good, but I don't know if it will make enough pressure. Sellers state that its 3 bar fuel pump. Will it be enough for 1.6 GTI 76kw?

Bart
On 6/24/2018 at 5:14 PM, Rakandy said:

Anyone? I'm pretty sure its shape will be good, but I don't know if it will make enough pressure. Sellers state that its 3 bar fuel pump. Will it be enough for 1.6 GTI 76kw?

Kicking an old horse, but I ordered a similar one from aliexpress, keep you updated!

And since the fuel regulator should regulate it back to 3 bar anyway, it doesn't matter. It should make it easily.

DamirGTI

Good luck with it !

Was also thinking about trying one from the aliexpress , just for s*its and giggles (as the price is , really low) ... but after seeing what's inside in comparison with Bosch i decided to rather fix my old spare Bosch pumps :

https://www.thesamba.com/vw/forum/viewtopic.php?p=8874567

You can still get new Bosch pumps , 993 or 998 they're the same , for around 100 EUR .

D