• Welcome to 205GTIDrivers.com!

Hello dear visitor! Feel free to browse but we invite you to register completely free of charge in order to enjoy the full functionality of the website.

Sign in to follow this  
Guest faern

Heat Always On, Please Help (405 Mi16 1990)

B1ack_Mi16
I should have everything I need to fix, I just don't know how to get the control unit out (where you select temp, direction etc) How do I get the plastic trim off that goes around that area so I can get to the mounts holding in the unit?

Cheers

Haynes.. :)

cammmy
I should have everything I need to fix, I just don't know how to get the control unit out (where you select temp, direction etc) How do I get the plastic trim off that goes around that area so I can get to the mounts holding in the unit?

Cheers

Haynes.. :)

I can't find a haynes around here, If anyone has one could they please e-mail me that part to cammmy@gmail.com I would really appreciate it.

Cheers

Tony1345402284

I can't find a haynes around here, If anyone has one could they please e-mail me that part to cammmy@gmail.com I would really appreciate it.

Cheers

I've sent you some pages which should help.

Tony

Jer309GTi

I'd say go for the older one, every thing is covered in a lot better detail. Unless there are things in the new one that aren't in the old one?

Feeble

Dont you just have to pull the dials off and there are screws underneath them? :unsure:

cammmy

Got everything out, had to take off the plastic around the steering column and the dash cover to get the trim off. A few unforeseen problems that I shall get my brother to look at. Cheers for the manual Tony, HUGE help

Guest faern

Hi again!

Now I finally found a new servo and thermobox (the valeo electronic box thing with the big connector :P )

I mounted it yesterday.. But the result is really strange.. When the engine is on it's on fully hot all the time (yay, this is where I started) but the strange thing is that when I shut the engine off (but leave the key in "radio mode") then the temperature is changed into whatever I select on the knob..

I haven't checked anything yet, but does anyone have a clue what this can be? broken fuse? broken sensor somewhere? short circuit?

:( this is getting annoying

Guest faern

YES! I solved it.. the new ECU & servo was probably unnecessary.

What caused the problem was that one of the cables in the ecu connector was kind of loose and didn't get contact

welshpug

DOH!!!!

Bluegalaxy1056

Great post. I've had no hot air blowing out for the past 5 months and really is a pain.

Ripped the dash out to examin the matrix to no use, apart from there bein loads of crud over it.

Will try that black box when i next get chance 2 see if that works! :rolleyes:

Sign in to follow this