• Welcome to 205GTIDrivers.com!

Hello dear visitor! Feel free to browse but we invite you to register completely free of charge in order to enjoy the full functionality of the website.

Sign in to follow this  
Guest faern

Heat Always On, Please Help (405 Mi16 1990)

petert1345402284

Sounds like it's a lot more difficult on a LHD car. What about removing the glovebox?

Guest faern

I didn't manage to remove the glovebox. I cant find the last screws holding it.

Guest faern

Does anyone know how I can remove the glove box?

I am partially there. I removed the screw on the back (almost where the temp servo is located) and I removed all the blind rivets on the upper side of the opening.

It feels like some screw is still holding it in the top left side (from a passengers view), but how the hell am I supposed to get there? :blink:

Feeble

Aren't all Peugeot glove boxes like that? :P

welshpug

there is 4 7mm nuts on the bottom bar.

Guest faern

YAY! I got the servo out of that damn small space :D

Now I just have to figure out if thats the problem, I save that for another day

Guest serrento405

There was a 405 mi16 heater control box and servo on e bay a few days a go, all brand new

Baz

I've still got a good working one sitting here... :unsure:

TonyW

For sale???

"prepares to bite hand off .... :D"

Edited by TonyW

TonyW

Have you got a part number? And what car is it out of? If its a phase II and the part numbers 6445 J4 then i'll be a happy bunny!

Baz

For sale? Yes.. :P

No part number like that on it though, and it's from a G plate, ph1. I'll get a pic. :)

JOHN89MI16

For the past year ive only ever had hot air blowing through the vents but now that this topic has been started and with all the info thats been supplied, i decided to finally have a look today and see why.

It took me the whole of 20 minutes from start to finish to fix.

When i removed the small box thats attached to the side of the heater box by the clutch pedal, i thought i would take it apart and see why it didnt work.

What i found made me laugh because all that was wrong with it was that the first cog that comes off the motor had worked its way loose and wasnt turning the other cogs to open the vent.

After i put it back together and fitted it back to my car, i managed for the first time ever in my car to be able to drive home with the windows closed and the cold air blowing. It was GREAT!

If anyone wants to investigate i recommend using a small (stubby) posidrive screw driver because it makes removal and fitting dead quick.

I hope this is of some help to anyone who has the same problem but hasnt looked why yet. :D

Baz

Nice one! Sounds promising! :D

cammmy

Hey Guys

My 1991 Mi16x4 is stuck on air all the time, no heat and the directional adjuster knob appears not to be working.

Can any body help me with this. I assume the heat issue is as described previously, and there for should not be too much hassle to fix.

With the fan. If I turn the speed all the way up it gets faster, but when I turn it back down it gets to a certain point before just remaining at that speed no matter how far down I turn it. And I just don't know whats happening with the directional selector. Is there any way to take the whole console off to get a look back there?

Baz

Sounds like you've lost some of the resistance there that controls the fan speed. (thank that's how they work anyway)

But the hot/cold affair is as discussed in this thread, should be fairl easy to sort. If not then i have a spare good controller still. :)

JOHN89MI16

I have also found on my car that there is an ecu type control unit just past the hot/cold air mixer motor and its screwed under the heater box with two 7mm head self tapping screws.

It controls the mixer motor and also my air con.

Its easy to get to just remove the side centre consol carpet trim and its right by the clutch pedal (left hand drive cars).

Ive had problems with this unit as well as the mixer so when i want it to turn from hot to cold air i have to give it a kick and it turns to cold and the same goes for when i want to turn it back.

I dont know if this hepls but maybe its of some use. :lol:

Baz

Thats the exact item thats been talked about in this thread... :P

cammmy

I took a look at the little black box and it was in mint condition. Turns out that it wasnt screwed on, every time it tried to move the flaps to regulate heat it just rotated itself. Now that that problem is out of the way I have a bigger one. The fan has cut out all together, I have a spare a/c control console but how do I get the original out? I have undone a screw behind the security flap for the stereo and two screws behind the ash tray. This has loosened up the trimming that I need to get off to get to the screws holding in the a/c console but it appears to be attached underneath the dash. What do I need to do?

Cheers

Cam

cammmy

Anyone?

cammmy

Anyone at all? I could really use some help here. It's really cold here now and my windows keep fogging up, so I have to wind a window down, but then it's really cold inside and I lose feeling in my hands!

B1ack_Mi16

Most probably fault when this happens is the ECU control unit I would say.

After that, broken wire or the servomotor.

Had this problem myself it only would give hot air, so changed the ECU control unit from one from the scrappy, and just fine.

Opened up the servomotor too but it was looking like new, still the car had done like 320000km.

Feeble

Can I use a control unit from a car with no air con, on my car which has it? Or am I just being silly..? :unsure:

B1ack_Mi16
Can I use a control unit from a car with no air con, on my car which has it? Or am I just being silly..? :unsure:

I would guess so, shouldn't be a problem, not 100% sure but can't really see why it should be any difference between the control system with or without AC.

KRISKARRERA

Yes but it'll have to be one with the same automatic thingy if that's what yours has got.

cammmy

I should have everything I need to fix, I just don't know how to get the control unit out (where you select temp, direction etc) How do I get the plastic trim off that goes around that area so I can get to the mounts holding in the unit?

Cheers

Sign in to follow this