• Welcome to 205GTIDrivers.com!

Hello dear visitor! Feel free to browse but we invite you to register completely free of charge in order to enjoy the full functionality of the website.

Sign in to follow this  
Guest franco

405 Mi16 Gti180

Hilgie

No it's not and it's not needed either. The stories of the engine sitting too low are not entirely true. It does sit a bit lower, but not like it touches the ground.

@Kris: the engine is very different altogether....only the crank is interchangable with the XUs. So your statement is not true.

Edited by Hilgert

RobMGti
No it's not and it's not needed either. The stories of the engine sitting too low are not entirely true. It does sit a bit lower, but not like it touches the ground.

@Kris: the engine is very different altogether....only the crank is interchangable with the XUs. So your statement is not true.

Perhaps the people who have had alot of problems have attempted the installation on vehicles which were lowered alot?

KRISKARRERA

I didn't mean the interchangability of the parts, I just meant the fitment :D

Guest fast2c4u

Hi everybody

I'm new here and I'm very interested in changing my engine. I would be very happy to know a person that has a converted 405 GTi. :blink: (the conversion that I've planned to do myself)

I own a 405 GR (yep, its still carburated :angry: ) and I'm going to fit a "ew10j4" (or even "ew10j4S") under the hood but I'm a little confused about the gearbox and drive- shafts. I know I'm going to break them because of the extra torque (202N.m instead of ~150N.m) and BE4 gearbox vs BE3 (mine).

The donare car is a 206 rc (or 307cc 180) but it's front axle is smaller than 405 (or bigger if I use 307cc). I'm exhausted and unsure what to do???? :unsure:

My question is if I want to do the EW10 conversion what can I do to strengthen my driveshafts and gearbox?

PS. I've read that ew10j4 installation angle is 15deg. Will it still fit in to my engine without any problems about oil pumping and etc. ?

Your answer will be highly appreciated

Thank you

Baz

Excellent work! Good to see after a the few people that rain down on the parade about thses in 205's! :) I know someone has done it to a 205, can't remember whom tho. Hilgert what is yours in?

Hi everybody

I'm new here and I'm very interested in changing my engine. I would be very happy to know a person that has a converted 405 GTi. :blink:  (the conversion that I've planned to do myself)

I own a 405 GR (yep, its still carburated :angry: ) and I'm going to fit a "ew10j4" (or even "ew10j4S") under the hood but I'm a little confused about the gearbox and drive- shafts. I know I'm going to break them because of the extra torque (202N.m instead of ~150N.m) and BE4 gearbox vs BE3 (mine).

The donare car is a 206 rc (or 307cc 180) but it's front axle is smaller than 405 (or bigger if I use 307cc).  I'm exhausted and unsure what to do???? :unsure: 

My question is if I want to do the EW10 conversion what can I do to strengthen my driveshafts and gearbox?

PS. I've read that ew10j4 installation angle is 15deg. Will it still fit in to my engine without any problems about oil pumping and etc. ?

Your answer  will be highly appreciated

Thank you

Hi,

It might be worth making a seperate new thread to ask your questions to be honest, rather than kind of hi-jacking this one! Perhaps it will get done for you when this is seen. :)

Guest fast2c4u

Hi again

Thanks 4 the info's

always be tuned

Hilgie

I have done this conversion. Please catch me on MSN: hilgert205@hotmail.com

Sign in to follow this