• Welcome to 205GTIDrivers.com!

Hello dear visitor! Feel free to browse but we invite you to register completely free of charge in order to enjoy the full functionality of the website.

Sign in to follow this  
pug309twin40s

405 Mi16 Pictures

Borntobewild
Hi! I´m new to the site. Nice to see more Mi16 lovers on the net (too difficult to find a forum like this). ;)

Greetings from Belgium! :D

hello Welcome,

If you want a site which is a little closer, please try my club, www.Peugeot405club.nl :)

We accept Belgians :D

rodionski
These wheels are 6,5x16...from 206 or 406. The 206 wheels have ET 28 and the 406 ET 20.

I think both will fit on the 405 without spacers - but it will looks better with some on the rear axle.

@ guater

very nice car - silver is on of the favourite color for me.

Best regards,

Dirk

Which ones will look better now? I am assuming the ET20 ones as they will be closer to outside of wheel arches by 8mm each?

I am thinking 10mm spacers... Any pros and cons?

Mr Teflon

frontsk6.jpg

I like !

D.B.205
These wheels are 6,5x16...from 206 or 406. The 206 wheels have ET 28 and the 406 ET 20.

I think both will fit on the 405 without spacers - but it will looks better with some on the rear axle.

@ guater

Best regards,

Dirk

Which ones will look better now? I am assuming the ET20 ones as they will be closer to outside of wheel arches by 8mm each?

Yes, the wheels with ET 28 are 8mm more to the outside.

On the rear axel is a lot space - I think 20mm and more per side is no problem.

Last Year I had 7x17 ET28 with 20mm spacers at rear per side and there was still enough space.

Problem with 10mm spacers...you will need longer wheel bolts. 15 mm and more there gives another system to use the original wheel bolts.

The wheels with ET20 are rare than those with ET 28 because there are lots of 206 with the wheels - 406 very rare.

rodionski

@ guater

Best regards,

Dirk

Yes, the wheels with ET 28 are 8mm more to the outside.

On the rear axel is a lot space - I think 20mm and more per side is no problem.

Last Year I had 7x17 ET28 with 20mm spacers at rear per side and there was still enough space.

Problem with 10mm spacers...you will need longer wheel bolts. 15 mm and more there gives another system to use the original wheel bolts.

The wheels with ET20 are rare than those with ET 28 because there are lots of 206 with the wheels - 406 very rare.

Sorry, I am all confused now.

I thought that the higher the ET number is, the closer the center of the wheel is to the inside of the wheel arch - that is, the closer they are to the front strut and the engine bay. That is why wheels with high ET and over 6.5" wide will touch the front strut and therefore will require spacers, to move the inner face of the wheel from the strut to the outside of the wheel arch.

While the smaller ET number will secure room between the inner edge of the wheel/tyre and the strut.

Am I wrong?

D.B.205

Sorry, your are right. I wrote the wrong number.

ET 20 is more at the outside. ;)

snave1345402286

nice clean mi16, like the silver and the rims do look awesome.. I really like the addon on the bumper .. THE LAGUNA LIPS .. discret ! plusun.gif

rodionski

Tried to test fit a 16" ET28 rim.

Appears to need no spacers if used with 205 or even 215 tyre (the original 14" 6.0 are ET29).

106069091.jpg

JamesLeMans831345402285

I've got them on my lemans (painted anthracite) they fit no problem, I think the rears would look better with a very small spacer tho. I've got some 5mm ones I keep meaning to try.

rodionski
I've got them on my lemans (painted anthracite) they fit no problem, I think the rears would look better with a very small spacer tho. I've got some 5mm ones I keep meaning to try.

Agree - the inner edge of the wheel is a bit close to the rear beam. I am thinking about having 10mm spacers made for both front and rear - wider track and save with inner clearance pbs.

Any opinions on whether the longer wheel bolts would be required or the original ones would be sufficient?

calvinhorse

Agree - the inner edge of the wheel is a bit close to the rear beam. I am thinking about having 10mm spacers made for both front and rear - wider track and save with inner clearance pbs.

Any opinions on whether the longer wheel bolts would be required or the original ones would be sufficient?

yes you would need longer bolts

James504

I always wanted 10mm hubcentric spacers front and rear, I had the stuff to do wheel stud conversion too. But I got a set of 206 RC wheels instead.

mypic24.jpg

mypic25.jpg

rodionski
I always wanted 10mm hubcentric spacers front and rear, I had the stuff to do wheel stud conversion too. But I got a set of 206 RC wheels instead.

I always thought that the 206 RC 17" had such an ET that spacers were a must when installing them onto a 405?

Edited by rodionski

James504

I always thought that the 206 RC 17" had such an ET that spacers were a must when installing them onto a 405?

No, they bolted on fine. I have a set of 607 brembos to fit to the car, but I anticipate atleast 5-7mm spacers. That puts the wheels just inline with the gaurd.

rodionski

No, they bolted on fine. I have a set of 607 brembos to fit to the car, but I anticipate atleast 5-7mm spacers. That puts the wheels just inline with the gaurd.

I am about to order myself a set of 406 coupe brembo 4 pot calipers to fit to my 405 mi16. Actually, that is why I am preparing to shift to 16" wheels instead of stock 14".

Do you think that those brembos will not fit without spacers installed to the hubs?

Haze

James504 - HOT mi16!!, mines same colour but needs a good prof. buff and you've just given me the inspiration to do it! CHEERS!!

Edited by Haze

cybernck

you need 15-20mm spacers with 6.5J16 ET19 T16 wheels, so you'll most definately need them for yours too.

JamesLeMans831345402285

mypic24.jpg

mypic25.jpg

Thats a nice looking mi! New desktop wallpaper.

James504

thanks for the comments, I was just think that photo was taken in 2006. Its looking a little worse for wear now, its getting a full respray anyway in p3kb. I wanted to change the colour to vert fluorite (lazed green) as its a very special peugeot colour, but i thought it would affect the chance of selling the car too much. I am overhauling/converting/restoring it at the moment, it will be back lookingmeaner than ever so stay tuned!

Luca

hey james u got any fotos of the engine bay?

D.B.205

The 7x17 Atlantis wheels fits without any spacers on a 405. But at rear it looks better.

post-654-13454033519_thumb.jpg

(front without spacers, rear with 20mm spacer at every side)

To fit Brembo Breaks from the V6 you will need spacers also at front.

Borntobewild

Go clean it :D

But i love the colour!

Haze
Few pictures of my car :rolleyes:

what model is your front badge off? Very nice looking Mi, love the headlights too

KRISKARRERA

Don't those Iranian 405s have the grille badges like that? Got a pic somewhere...