• Welcome to 205GTIDrivers.com!

Hello dear visitor! Feel free to browse but we invite you to register completely free of charge in order to enjoy the full functionality of the website.

Sign in to follow this  
Road Pest

1.9 Gti Firing Up And Then Dying...

Road Pest

Hi,

Right well the car is now firing up but it won't run for any time. Checked the spark plugs and one was wet and the other I checked was dry.

Need help, is it possible that the fuel is being cut by the engine due to a sensor or maybe it's a dodgy injector or two.

Any help and the help already received is greatly appreciated.

Phil

Road Pest

help! please.

Carbs4me

Kinda hard to say, not really enough information, does the car run if your reving it? or does it still cut out?

pull the rail off with injectors still in it, get someone to turn the key while you check the injectors for spraying make sure you put a piece of tissue under each..

If they work check your AFM is still plugged in

Have you changed anything, which has lead to this?

Check for air leaks too!

Edited by Carbs4me

arwel

SAD? Check the pipe coming of it. If its starts and revs up then cuts out that could well be the problem.

Road Pest

Thank you both. Will have to check those out. And no the car doesn't go if I rev it, just cuts out straight away.

Road Pest

I did replace the SAD hoses recently when I refitted all the air pipes and got rid of the make K&N bodge job that was on it.

Road Pest

The car is turning over everytime now so that's a plus. Still won't start properly. Just fires up sounds like it's going to go and is now making a grinding noise before it dies...

Road Pest

Just arranged viewings on two other cars tomorrow. Now understand why everyone I meet has two or more!

arwel

Just arranged viewings on two other cars tomorrow. Now understand why everyone I meet has two or more!

I know what you mean.. I picked up a second one on Friday.. their addictive :lol:

Road Pest

Ha, got it working. sun roof doesn't work as it's getting stuck open but hey ho can't have everything I suppose. :)