• Welcome to 205GTIDrivers.com!

Hello dear visitor! Feel free to browse but we invite you to register completely free of charge in order to enjoy the full functionality of the website.

Sign in to follow this  
SAW

Laser Green 2.0 8V Turbo

SAW

Been enjoying this amazing weather up here this week.

99a5f20b.jpg

aef9f20f.jpg

83c4b21f.jpg

My cat was chockin on going out a run in it

c84924d4.jpg

SAW

Unfortunartly hit a massive bump in the road in edinburgh and now have a nasty leak from the sump plug. The shock has damaged the threads on the sump :-( Time for an oil change and a new sump, sump plug and washer.

allye

Raise it up a little! :ph34r:

• Like 2

welshpug

What Ali said!!

SAW

It's not on coilovers at the front so unable to do that without buying new suspension. The height at the front isn't all that bad. If you seen the roads in Edinburgh City Centre, you'd know what I mean. Standard cars struggle along some of the roads.

GLPoomobile

Indeed. I don't think we're much worse than anywhere else in the UK but the roads here are horrendous. There's one particular patch at South Gyle (right outside RBS for those who know it), which has always been bad but is absolutely laughable now. I hit a dip in the V70 the other week and fully expected to have damaged something or lumped the tyre, but luckily not. Now I slow right down to about 15mph and zig zag through that bit.

Anyway, as much as I think the 205 looks s*it hot, that rear ride height is stupidly low. I know you said it handles like it's on rails, but you aren't doing yourself any favours with it that low. You also misunderstood my previous point about the available travel (or lack thereof) :P I never suggested the beam is seized, I just said with that little travel it would probably be unpredictable at the back like a 205 with a seized beam :(

• Like 1

SAW

I used to live in South Gyle and regularly still drive that road. It's ridiculous. Don't know how the expect cars to not get damaged on those roads.

Ah, apologies for the misunderstanding. As said if prefer the rear end to be a bit higher, think the front is sound where it is though. If Iv still got it coming into summer I might end up putting on a new rear beam. And a diff :P

shooter mcgavin

This the same car I saw on gumtree a few weeks back with the bottom end away?

sensualt101

i think its a great base car!

i would get the wheels refurbed to goodwood/1fm/griffe and fit body inserts painted grey griffe style raise the ride height to standard and replace the side repeaters right away!

then get every factory 205 option item i could fitted! ( internally adjustable headlamps , heated windscreen , heated mirrors , heated seat elements , illuminated sunvisors , aircon , abs ) and factory switchgear to match and fit leather upholstery with matching carpet and have griffe rear quarter badges to make a convincing uk griffe alike with rh drive! :)

• Like 1

MiniGibbo

That exhaust looks amazing..!

custard-rallye

I'm currently trying to swap this with my eunos and some cash his way but it has spun a shell and I need a running car so can't do it until its running

Edited by custard-rallye

custard-rallye

Deposit put down today can't wait

• Like 1

bertie_bas

Headache commin my way.......

custard-rallye

Our way

Hopefully give you the boot up the arse you need to fix yours

Edited by custard-rallye

bertie_bas

It lives after a few "teething problems".....

Keep her lit but between the dykes Studley....

B

custard-rallye

so far so good :)

Smokey fae fife

Pretty Sweet, Digging the colour and the wheels

MiniGibbo

You can't break this mate.. It's a lovely car..!

johniban

did i see this for sale somewhere?