• Welcome to 205GTIDrivers.com!

Hello dear visitor! Feel free to browse but we invite you to register completely free of charge in order to enjoy the full functionality of the website.

Sign in to follow this  
SAW

Laser Green 2.0 8V Turbo

SAW

Here is my not long acquired 2.0 8v Turbo 205. Built by the one and only SOS Motorsport.

Engine is a very low mileage example from a 605 SRTi, so 140hp standard. Boost turned up to 11psi and setup on the Dyno-Dynamics rollers at SOS.

It's one of the most fun cars Iv ever driven, and with the engine it has, it goes extremely well. Perfect setup for it.

1991 Peugeot 205 GTI

Laser Green

2.0 8v Turbo engine from Pug605 SRTi

Lowered on Spax suspension

2.5" Turbo back exhaust

Induction Kit

175bhp, 225 lb/ft torque

Cosworth 2WD Front Mount Intercooler modified to fit.

0d0f1bf1.jpg

9d3cbb0c.jpg

d155ed7e.jpg

64d00387.jpg

84260c43.jpg

77e199aa.jpg

4362432b.jpg

f0e51581.jpg

What do you think? Bit rough round the edges, but for a 21 year old Peugeot it's lovely. Attract a massive amount of attention (sometimes not the best of attention mind you) comments and criticism always welcome

Will Eastman

Looks pretty bad ass!!! I reckon it suits the rough round the edges look. Wouldn' t change much other than a bit higher at the back just practicality wise. What make is you exhaust?? Looks tasty.

SAW

Thanks Will.

Yea the rear could do with coming up a touch. Getting some stiffer rear shocks and Powerflex Bump stops fitted this week, won't improve the height but will certainly make it a bit better.

Thr exhaust is a custom 2.5" bore stainless, made by SOS Motorsport up here in Scotland (Falkirk). Tailpipe design is pretty smart, like the way it points down towards the ground.

jord294

looks tidy

as above, i'd raise the rear end.

any history on the beam, as it looks cambered and a little lower on the passenger side

• Like 1

Zara

nice sales pitch jord ;):lol: i think the beam looks fine. could just be the angle of the picture :P

• Like 1

SAW

Yea like said the back is low, would be best getting a raised a bit.

The rear axle is in perfect condition, no camber on it at all, must be the angle of the picture. Pretty sure my local garage will have a couple spare I could have rebuilt to whatever spec I need.

Cheers

Daviewonder

2.0 Turbo in Laser Green, My kinda car :D

• Like 1

erwin_meijer

Looking good. Love the color :wub:

Carbs4me

my last 205 was that low!

It pretty much scrubbed though everything! including my fuel filler pipe and my back box :/

Edited by Carbs4me

SAW

Cheers Lads.

Funny you say that Carbs, im needing a new fuel filler now. Lack of bump stops is more what id say would be the reason on this car though. Being fitted this week however :)

judley

Looks good mate. Have you got a dyno sheet for it that you could post up?

SAW

I dont have the dyno sheet on hand. I could probably get hold of it no problem though. Sure Dave will be able to assist :)

Thanks pal.

ALIGTI

Looks smart as a carrot mate! Love laser green; they must be pretty rare now!

GLPoomobile

Lack of bump stops is more what id say would be the reason on this car though. Being fitted this week however :)

Yes, but at that sort of ride height, you are going to have virtually no travel before hitting the stops. So unless you are driving on a glass smooth track, the back end is going to be pretty unpredictable. Something akin to driving with a seized beam, I'd imagine.

welshpug

I have a generous 3 finger distance from my fairly chunky 195 50's to the front arch, and my wishbones are flat...

Also have fairly level sills, and the rear bump stops are about an inch off the arms, on 21mm bars, I did have the standard bars but they were loving the bump stops.!

SAW

The beam isn't seized lol.

RummyonFire

I like the fact that the radiator is fairly discreet

You see some Turbo 205's with MASSIVE radiators which i think spoils the look of the car (yours looks sick!!)

SAW

Cheers rummy :)

Got a new fuel filler pipe ordered from 205nutz on eBay. Not bad priced at £30. Get that fitted next week along with the dampers and Powerflex bump stops.

welshpug

Got a new fuel filler pipe ordered from 205nutz on eBay. Not bad priced at £30.

which bit? the £9 rubber bit or the long bendy plastic bit?

peter

i would have thought the radiator is standard :|

It just needs the red trim in the arches and bumpers it will look 100 times better as the body work is pretty decent imho

SAW

The long bendy plastic bit.

Just gauging some interest in the car the now. Im doing more hours at work now after being recently promoted and will be travelling more often. With a 450hp Civic also in the garage for playing with, it might be time to get a sensible diesel runner rather than having two radge cars.

Also daft enough to get engaged, so wedding bells soon.

Not overly fussed if it does sell or not, quite happy driving it, just hope I can calm my Driving down a bit in it or the licence could see some points.

SAW

Fuel filler pipe arrived this week, and also the cups and bolts for the bump stops. Into SOS Motorsport next week to get it all fitted alof with Bilstein yellow rear shocks.

:-)

randomspeedfreak

looking good! bet it flys as well

• Like 1

SAW

Cheers bud. Aye it's a good laugh.

Maybe try some track time in it this month or next if possible.