• Welcome to 205GTIDrivers.com!

Hello dear visitor! Feel free to browse but we invite you to register completely free of charge in order to enjoy the full functionality of the website.

Sign in to follow this  
ALIGTI

1993 1.9 Sorrento Green

ALIGTI

The latest for those who care: Head came off, number 8 stretch bolt snapped but fortunately left enough above the block to get a stud extractor on...3 days of lube, hot/cold, yanking and easing...still no joy! Drilled hole into block right at the top of stud thread and on through slightly into the thread to get som WD round it, bit more hot and cold and eventually it succumbed! Slight shadow round the base of number one valve so going to change that. I'd like to change them all but might be chucking money at it for no reason. Been getting all work done last few days. Little bill coming my way me thinks! Got a good working AFM for 10 squid to find out if mine is kaput!

Got a black ash tray, cover/fascia for choke hole, passenger door seal, piece of plastic trim to sit in hole to right of steering wheel, I've started on my wheels, reckon I can have them looking the Dogs bxlxoxkx. New owner pug bug!

ALIGTI

2b581185.jpg

Managed to get a bit of cosmetic stuff done today. Finished a speedy wheel and sprayed all my badges with satin black then lacquered them. Just need to finish painting lettering red.

ALIGTI

Finished badges. Done the rear ones the same.

2bd64669.jpg

Stephen W

Looking really good! I like the attention to detail with those badges.

What colour silver did you use on your wheels?

ALIGTI

Looking really good! I like the attention to detail with those badges.

What colour silver did you use on your wheels?

ALIGTI

I just used a silver wheel paint and lacquer I bought off eBay. Was recommended a really good wheel paint but couldn't remember the name so I took a punt at this one and it's quite good and fairly cheap.

82a2e6fb.jpg

SAW

NICE. Lovely touches

ALIGTI

Car still at the hospital, back together after head being off. Fuel struggling a bit so ordered some injectors to see if that helps. All cylinders firing evenly now so it's getting there. Fingers crossed. Going to get to work on the driving lamps. 1 of these is pretty bad. Rust and peeling creeped through to the front so a new set might be in order.

ALIGTI

Running sweet as a nut now! Had loads of work done under the bonnet. Just had it MOT'd so I can play with it between tweaking. I need to spend some time fitting the front lights correctly, they are loose and all over the shop! Think it's going to be a pain in the backside. I have all standard bits for it now but decided to change the grill and leave the rest for now.