• Welcome to 205GTIDrivers.com!

Hello dear visitor! Feel free to browse but we invite you to register completely free of charge in order to enjoy the full functionality of the website.

Sign in to follow this  
ALIGTI

1993 1.9 Sorrento Green

ALIGTI

Hi everyone. My first ever car in 1998 was a 12 year old 1.0 ltr 205 and I've wanted a GTI for a while so last week I took the plunge. I gave £1500 and it's an absolute pearler. The 85000 miles on the clock I thought was a bit iffy until I saw the car. If it has been wound back it's not by much and certainly doesn't look it. So, I intend to de-charv it and get back to near standard but to be honest, it looks good anyway. I intend to come on here a lot but as I'm new to any kind of forum, I could do with some advice on the best way of posting pictures???

Cheers. Ali

sambaileyw

I think hosting them on a seperate site like photobucket, then using the url is the way most use?

Sam

matty_gti

As above, upload them onto photobucket (set up an account if you don't have one, it's free) and them just copy and paste each URL into this thread. :)

ALIGTI

Ok, cheers lads. I'll sort out photo bucket today then. I'm taking the car to test centre I use all the time. He's going to check it over. The test runs out next month. I think it's just about ready. Most of the work is just getting it back to standard as much as poss. The lad who had it last took off the back wiper and smoothed the tailgate which looks a bit s***. This is the biggest job I think atm.

ALIGTI

Here are some pics of my car. I've just been tinkering and cleaning really so far. It's getting a full blitz service and new plugs and leads on Monday. It's got a little misfire so sounds a little messed up but I'm hoping getting the injectors scrubbed might do the trick. Don't really want to take the pack out because it's in pretty good nick! I've copied and pasted these on my phone using photobucket app, haven't quite mastered it yet.

http://i1145.photobucket.com/albums/o518/alijdodds/9b74be32.jpg

http://i1145.photobucket.com/albums/o518/alijdodds/f3e676cd.jpg

http://i1145.photobucket.com/albums/o518/alijdodds/92833503.jpg

http://i1145.photobucket.com/albums/o518/alijdodds/b0a80526.jpg

http://i1145.photobucket.com/albums/o518/alijdodds/a58586b7.jpg

http://i1145.photobucket.com/albums/o518/alijdodds/93845859.jpg

http://i1145.photobucket.com/albums/o518/alijdodds/61a52ba9.jpg

allye

Front windows looks a bit illegal? Other than that she looks lovely!

If you want to get the pictures to come up without link just copy and paste the IMG code from photo bucket (as long as the file size isn't huge)

Liquid_106

f3e676cd.jpg

Nice clean car from the outside, quite like it. Standard wheels would look better imo, but the ones currently one look better than alot I've seen (Sarty TSWs? :lol:)

Are the bonnet vents stick on or functional?

Edited by Liquid_106

Andy_C

As non-OE mods go that really doesn't look too bad at all IMO. If you like it then stick with it

BERTMAN

apart from the splitter i like that!

Will Eastman

Yeh I like it to, would change the wheels though for something a little more subtle, maybe some Nimrods would suit.

dcc

If the car were mine, I would change the wheels, grill, bonnet vents and the pedals. other than that, gorgeous car!

ALIGTI

The splitters are off! I agree, they look tacky so that was the first job. The vents are functional but I'm not keen on them either, its not a std bonnet. I've bought some speedline wheels to go on but I need to refurb them first. The inside and underneath are immaculate too. New exhaust, susp, no rust, arches, sils are all spot on.

ALIGTI

I've ordered standard pedals (they are ripspeed which makes chuck up a bit in my mouth!) The standard grill is on order too, I need to play about with the front wash jets and install a full wiper kit on the tail gate (it's all been smoothed over which again, makes me sick!). Cheers for the advice on photos, I'm new to forums and stuff so the advice is appreciated

RummyonFire

If the car were mine, I would change the wheels, grill, bonnet vents and the pedals. other than that, gorgeous car!

i second that completely

nice example i really like the green gti enterior

i got myself a 206 gti pedal setup off ebay which im fitting to mine

http://i1075.photobucket.com/albums/w422/Rummyonfire/205%20mi16%20dimma/Photo0110.jpg

Zara

beaut car! as said though only things i would change is the wheels (all be it they are too bad) the splitter, the bonnet for a standard one (but at least the vents are functional) and poss the grille :D

lovely car though. well worth the money it sounds too :) cant wait to see this finished.

ALIGTI

Thanks Zara. I've just got some bits off a couple of breaks. Full rear wiper set, 2 red GTI badges (just in case I keep that grill for now), a rear seat lap belt, a front standard valance with fogs, new head lamp mounts, a space saver 15" wheel off a focus, a spare wheel rack, boot door card, boot lock (although I think I'll get a full set of everything: ign, doors, fuel and boot on one key). It's currently getting blitzed at my usual Mekka neck, full service, hand brake tightened, fan belt, timing belt, plugs, leads, head off- cleaned, skimmed, gasket, bolts. Will change the air flow metre when I find a good one (£200 for a spanker), changing brake discs and pads for decent vented stuff. I want it running sweet as so it's worth the money. Once I know it's had a very knowledgeable head under the bonnet I can just play about myself with stuff. I know a fair bit myself but it's just peace of mind really and I trust him! Used this bloke for donkeys years!

vso seals,

Weser

Fan belt - He will have trouble with that one, their a bugger :D

Wow thats a fair amount of work - fair play. Will be a great car once you have done all that. Is all that work nessecary though?

Can anyone tell me about the front door cards? Are they standard. I take it no. Also where are your door pockets with the electric window switches.

Looks very clean. I like it. Personally I would just put speedlines on it and leave the rest.

allye

Is that a phase 1.5 ash tray in the dash I spy? :P

Zara

Fan belt - He will have trouble with that one, their a bugger :D

Can anyone tell me about the front door cards? Are they standard. I take it no. Also where are your door pockets with the electric window switches.

the alternator belts arent that much of a problem :huh: only a couple of bolts. ive done mine myself before. :) just a pain not having a great deal of room :lol:

those door cards he has in his are standard to that colour.

Sorrento got green interior. I have the red ones at the moment. a set of grey ones and black ones :D

ALIGTI

Yeah the ash tray has been changed at some point but I'll get another eventually. Dont mind it to be honest. Door cards are standard and pockets are there with electric window switches behind the seats in the phots so just out of view. I reckon all the work is needed, it's not running quite right and I want it spot on. I've had a flapper on the usual spots under back seats so they're ready to be filled when I get my set graftin' properly. They can't be many over 2000 of these road registered now so I reckon it's worth keeping sound!

• Like 1

GLPoomobile

the alternator belts arent that much of a problem :huh: only a couple of bolts. ive done mine myself before. :) just a pain not having a great deal of room :lol:

Missed joke

Weser

Missed joke

Woo hoo I AM funny! :P

allye

now im lost :(

When he said it'll be hard to change the fan belt he meant so because 205's don't have fan belts, just auxiliary belts.

ALIGTI

Pfff.... Sorry, alternator belt / auxiliary belt / Serp belt.....whatever you want to call it! Still the fan belt to me. Lol