• Welcome to 205GTIDrivers.com!

Hello dear visitor! Feel free to browse but we invite you to register completely free of charge in order to enjoy the full functionality of the website.

Sign in to follow this  
Zara

[car_overhaul] My 205 Dimma Rebuild!

GLPoomobile

That's OK. Just assumed you were on the blob! :lol::ph34r:

EDIT: And my comment "there's really no excuse" was a little out of order, albeit it wasn't meant offensively or to patronise etc. I can fully appreciate that there is a budget, and an extra few quid here and there on the small details all adds up.

Edited by GLPoomobile
  • Like 1

TT205

Cracking car luv :wub:

• Like 1

BlueBolt

Car is gorgeous!!!

I can safely say that I am one of those who had a budget in mind (roughly 2k) and blew that in seconds and have now spent a lot more than that on her!! And she looks nothing like that!!! Have a look at my build thread and you'll see just how un-pretty (in comparrison) mine looks!!

Don't get me wrong, I wouldn't trade my car for anything at the moment!! But my budget was blown to kingdom come!! You've done very well and have an amazing looking car there!!!

• Like 1

Zara

well my original budget of £4.5k for all of it was gone before it even got to buying the now little bits that are needed :lol: im at over £6k on this so on that basis no £20/£30 for a washer bottle actually is cheap but right now in my current situation its just too much. Im still trying to settle at the flat and have only been moved out for 3 months :( i really wish i was still at home.

If i had still been at mum and dads this would have been easy to finish off but on my crappy potwashing wage im lucky if after paying everything i even have enough to get my 2nd hand bits lol.

Im that skint i need my dad to pay £3.96 for exhaust bolts/springs lol. Yeah the washer bottle does really need doing but its going to have to wait as said i will have 9 months before my 1st show to sort those things out and im gonna have to cuz im planning on entering the Top 25 at fcs again. Kevvy has been picked before so im sure she will be picked again :D

And im all confused too because i have parts in 5 different places then i need more bits and with moving etc ive lost bits i know i have but dont know what yet :unsure::huh::lol:

but once again thank you :D

Edited by Zara

kyepan

cleaning the washer bottle should be possible

Brown vinegar will get rid of the scale deposits and is 16p a bottle from sanisburys, then you just been some bleach

Edited by kyepan

cybernck

I can't see why you took those comments so badly - it's obvious that people were suggesting it

as they genuinely like your car and the work done on it and wanted to see it end up perfect,

rather than just short of it, not trying to find faults :).

Zara

Yeah i know and i know i took it way out of context hence the apology lol i dunno guess i had a bad start to the day although no excuse :)

As ever though thats the joys of 2d i dont know how people intended it and what they mean and how i read can always be a fine line and same with anyone! Only the author truly knows how it was intended and im sure it wasnt intended to be the way i read it now :)

Edited by Zara

Andy_C

Washer bottles and expansion tanks come up well in the dishwasher too. Either that or brown rice dry, shake and it helps remove stubborn marks.

Car looks lovely BTW!

kyepan

are you coming to retro rides?

Zara

I wont be attending anything until FCS next year :)

S@m

That wiper motor is a bit dirty. :ph34r:

..............kidding!

On the other hand what an absolutely stunning car you have! Definetly prefer the orange to the pink aswell.

Sam

Edited by Sam306

supersilja

I've read the thread from the beginning, and can say that you have done a great job.

Did not like color on the first few pictures, but at the end, car looks beautiful.

I think it's even better looking live.

Hope, i'm gonna complete my 205 till next spring.

Cheers

Zara

Thank you guys :D really appreciate it. And yeah it does look better in the flesh! ;) i cannot wait to get her back :)

BlueBolt

How long does it look like you're going to have to wait to get her back then??

gerry

Looks so sweet :)

Zara

About another 3 or 4 weeks :) 6 max! Just waiting to hear back from chipstick about some parts and then got a few other bits to sort :)

dodsworth_gti

looking good zara :)

as suggested,just have a go at cleaning the bottle,no point wasting money if you dont have to lol

im about to start a full restoration on my white 1.6 and im planning on re-furbishing and cleaning painting as much of the old as possible,unless its fubar

Zara

Heeeey :) cheers ben! I will defo be trying to clean it. :D good to see your still about too! And i hope youll be doing a progress thread for me to spam and be arsey on also! Lmfao. :P

dave richards

Zara if you want one to clean out etc and experiment with you can have the one i stripped out of the stdt

dodsworth_gti

not sure if ill be doing a progress thread lol

laptops shagged and im to tight to buy a new one,this one works,just takes a lot of fiddling to get it going lol

im only doing a fully standard restoration

Zara

time for an update....... wheels went on last week

wheelson_zps79f6bcee.jpg

and today went over and got the front end on and in place. :D :D she is starting to look like my 205 again :D

frontendside_zps26a4d031.jpg

frontendon_zps1e1f4763.jpg

:D

only a few more weeks to gooooo

• Like 6

cybernck

Simply mouth-watering! :D

• Like 1

lewis205cti

Looking amazing. Can't wait to see it in the flesh.