• Welcome to 205GTIDrivers.com!

Hello dear visitor! Feel free to browse but we invite you to register completely free of charge in order to enjoy the full functionality of the website.

Sign in to follow this  
Zara

[car_overhaul] My 205 Dimma Rebuild!

Zara

ok so a little update...Kevvy came away from the bodyshop and has gone to have her new spangly engine fitted!

Here is a few more pics. Im sorry i know they are kinda the same as previous but i managed to get her outside in the sun. :D :D

These were waiting for me when i got home last week so thanks to BakerBM :D

001-2.jpg

then the amazing work that Bim (1fatpug) has done for me :D

005-1.jpg

011-2.jpg

012-1.jpg

015.jpg

016.jpg

019.jpg

019.jpg

025.jpg

Now with all my windows back in, lights in and spoiler etc back on and leaving ready for the next step :D also the day i said goodbye to my 309 :(

027.jpg

Hope ya likey :D gonna be about another 6 weeks before she is fully finished but i have been assured she will be ready and out to play for Trax :D

• Like 1

bazil_205gti

cars looking amazing zara now its all together. How much did it cost you to get the dishes polished on your wheels? Need to get mine done to finish it off they look awsome!

Zara

Thanks my lovely :) did i not reply to that on facebook? I thought i had ill pm you on there. :) he done an awesome job of them.

• Like 1

kuuner

very nice colour!!!!! :wub: Lovin' it!

But I was a little bit confused and shocked when i saw the pictures. Thought it was mine, hahahaha. I had my Dimma painted in the 206 colour "Tangerine Orange". Is it the same colour as mine? (Great minds think alike, as they say ;) )

406217_366396333433054_1974592754_n.jpg

Love this overhaul. And you're doin' it right! Body, engine and wheels. Same as I do... But i'm 3 years further. And still not finished. :blush: hope that will be soon...

next year we're planning to come to your country. Stefan aka "GT3071R" and I. And maybe some other dutch or belgium friends. We want to go to Pugfest 2013. Love to meet you there, if you are going. Must be a great sight, 2 of those marvelous orange Dimma's side by side :D

Zara

haha thanks kuuner :D no its not the 206 orange its a Fiat/Lancia Orange. I cant remember the colour off the top of my head but its the same colour as the Puntos only it sits on a 205 so much better! That could just be how its been sprayed though tbh.

It was a hard decision tbh because i wasnt sure if i would have the money to do all of it. So it was like well the paint really needs sorting but there is no point doing that if the engine is crap and so on! i spent weeks justifying myself on this build to some people because i could have easily gone out and bought the Audi i want but im not getting rid of the dimma so the Audi will come after! lol And i dont know ive never been Pugfest but i may consider going see what all the fuss is about :D

You should try come over for FCS or Trax or something aswell! We need more overseas cars there :D

Anyways enough babbling. Went to put my wheels back together today with Tim. :D And 2 hours later they were all done.

Here is a couple of pics

wow.jpg

wheels.jpg

the engine bay is also slowly starting to take shape! i have looooooooads of stickers for her too :D but dont worry of the 10 ive bought i will only be using a few of them i think! :lol:

• Like 1

kuuner

The paintjob looks very good on the pictures. I already thought it was a different colour. Seems to be a little bit darker. But that could be in the pictures too.

I know what a hard decision it is. I had to justifying myself too! But hey, it's a hobby!! Last few years a spend a lot on it. A had it already painted before (back in 2007). For the money I could ride a much newer car. But this is much more fun. :D

I like to go to FCS or Trax, but Stefan and I have to finish both cars before that. And it's quiet a roadtrip for us. :blush: So for now on it would only be Pugfest 2013. Then both cars will be ready. Yours too I assume? ^_^

Wheels look great. I doubted to paint them in the same colour as the car. But decided to paint them VW's 'black magic pearl'. That was my old colour on the Dimma. i like the contrast of that. But i'm also anxious how your wheels look underneath your car.

keep up the good work!

• Like 1

Zara

Oh yeah mine will easily be done by next year but im on about you come fcs or trax next year aswell. :)) mine should be done in the next 3 weeks or so :D

Carbs4me

Those wheels are Amazing! how did you source those ive been after a set to refurb for years.... But now settled with standard speedlines :angry:

Zara

They were already on my car :)) they do pop up for sale from time to time but upto £900 for the set lol

Miles

You can still buy them new, not allot of money either from Image

Zara

Really.....ill have to go have a look :)

lewis205cti

Looking amazing. The dimma splitrim with the polished lip look perfect. Can't wait to see it finished.

Edited by lewis205cti

Zara

soooooooooooooo the engine is making its way back in! :D :D :D

Wont be ready for trax so will be showing next year now ;)

Hows it look? :D

engine2.jpg

engine.jpg

I Loooooooooooooooove It!! :wub: :wub: :wub:

• Like 1

Anthony

A small thing that'll make a big difference? Clean or replace that washer bottle and the two bulkhead mounted green relays.

Everything else looks minty fresh in the engine bay, so those two tatty old bits that now stick out like a sore thumb :(

Other than that, it's looking good :)

• Like 2

Zara

Yeah i know :lol: it is definately something that i will have to get sorted haha :)

kuuner

what Anthony says... some 205's uses a little black box to get ride of the green relays. For the rest it looks great.

GLPoomobile

I agree. It's the small details that make a restoration. There's really no excuse ( :P ) given how cheap the washer bottles are, with a nice new blue cap for another couple of quid. And you can get new relays (albeit black) for a few quid, although you might be able to polish those ones up. Apart from that, looks sweet B)

EDIT: But then you're going to need a new MC reservoir too.

And a new headr tank :rolleyes:

Edited by GLPoomobile
  • Like 1

cybernck
given how cheap the washer bottles are

How much are they from the dealers? Nearly £40 on eBay which I wouldn't class as cheap (for what they are).

Green Machine

All the dirty bits are superficial to the car and can be replaced when she has the spare cash, she has spent alot and the last few bits are breaking the bank so some items are gonna have to wait.

Overall im happy with the work ive done within the restraints of budget.

Zara is gonna have a lovely car when done.

• Like 2

Zara

okay fair enough i asked for opinions and i got them but do people have to keep on bringing up the same points. As said above i literally have no more money left if i had a spare £150 for plastic bottles and relays then i would have replaced them but given the fact im struggling to keep a roof over my head atm and my dad has now started paying for the final bits for this (which i appreciate you wont all know) but come on. it will be 9 months before half of you will even lay eyes on this car so why put down my entire rebuild for the sake of a few bits of plastic???

talk about disheartening! :(

i know its stuff that will need doing i dont however need telling by every person who comments that i need to do these bits. as said ive barely had a budget and already £1500 over budget which has consequently been paid for by my parents (yes im lucky) which im not proud of as im taking money off pensioners!! so yes i will mention to my dad that everyone else says i need new plastic bottles and how much they are!

If i had had a £5k budget for the engine etc alone then dont you think every single thing would have been done? but i didnt, I had £1500 for a rebuild which is now at well over £2k. When i have money spare after buying the loaf of bread i can barely buy then i will replace the plastics!

And this isnt about me not liking what im reading its about people nit picking and picking fault over passing an opinion. Most people hae picked fault instead of seeing and complimenting all the hours of hard work that has gone into this! All most of you had to say was "agreed with anthony" why keep on about something i have already said i will have to sort out?? :huh: I dont blame Michael for being a bit angry hiself there is probably 60 odd hours of work in that engine rebuild and paint alone if not more!

And at that why do i need a new header tank? there isnt even one there for you to pass judgement on! :lol:

Rant Over!

Sorry......just frustrating sometimes when im trying to do/get everything i can for this!

Anyways on the other end of the stick thank you for the nice comments people! :)

• Like 2

Zara

And at that just because the engine is going back in and the car will be back on the road in a few weeks does that mean it will be finished?? Is a rebuild ever finished?? :lol:

dcc

Your car is lovely, If I had a car half as nice I would be very happy! Don't be dis heartend.

Things like plastics, can as you say, be finished at a later date. enjoy the car. How often will you drive round with the bonnet open??!

There are ways to clean plastics, which would be alot cheaper then buying new! a quick google and brownse on youtube should sort that out for you!

Nobody was (from what I can read above) having a 'go' at you, you've done very well, even more so to do it all within a budget! Some builds on here have gone through the roof (quite literally).

Alternatively, buy some plastics paint, and paint them you're own unique way, just like your entire car!

10/10 for effort

10/10 for result

• Like 1

Tesstuff

How much are they from the dealers? Nearly £40 on eBay which I wouldn't class as cheap (for what they are).

Just bought a new one from Peugeot for £21.

• Like 1

kuuner

maybe i wasn't that clear... what i meaned to say with 'what Anthony says', was only about the green relays. To put them in a little black box insteed of mounting on the chassis. Out of sight. And you don't have buy it brand new. Second hand will do too.

Just a box like this:

GroteFoto-L8ZCFITE.jpg

Zara

I have to say im sorry i didnt mean my rant actually aimed at anyone. It just got a bit frustrating that all people seemed to say was about the stupid washer bottle. Lol