• Welcome to 205GTIDrivers.com!

Hello dear visitor! Feel free to browse but we invite you to register completely free of charge in order to enjoy the full functionality of the website.

Sign in to follow this  
hothatch

Whos Running Gti6 Turbos ?

hothatch

Yeah :/ all gone a little off subject here . . . . . .

Daviewonder

Has anyone see that new advert.....

^_^

hothatch

Yeah I have the one where everyone goes completley off subject :/

JamieTonks

have a look at an evo 9 80 series turbo. will run 400-420hp on an otherwise standard evo engine. about £800 brand new and happy to run high boost pressure all day long

Francesco

Get in touch with turbo experts DP Engineering http://www.dp-engineering.nl/ or their UK sellers ATSPEED Racing http://www.atspeedracing.co.uk/ .

Here's one exemple of a 306 GTi6 with turbo: http://www.dp-engineering.nl/EN/projects/306_gti_turbo.php .

And the manifold you are looking for: http://www.dp-engineering.nl/EN/products/exhaust_manifolds/dp/psa/XU16v_Welders%20Nightmare_stainless.php .

hothatch

Thanks jamie and fran ! :)

EdCherry

Id suggest Owen Developments are the people you need to speak to about making this work well. They really know their s*it and aren't there to sell their products. Genuine guys who have helped me out before.

hothatch

Cheers ed I think I ll give them a shout and see if they can make one up for me. Never know.

EdCherry

I guess just tell them your situation and what your budget is and I'm sure they can design a turbo around your application. I think they even still map vehicles as well, I know they used too.

hothatch

Ahhh that's great thanks guys, I'm just in the middle of building the engine now, just need some pistons and then its back on with the head. Shouldn't be long hopfully, then I ll give them a ring and see what they can do :) hopefully all will go well !

JamieTonks

what you looking to spend on a turbo and what sort of power are you looking to run. I would always recomend a turbo that will do about 50hp over what you want so its well within its power band.

BB core will give better low down power.

Look at FP Turbo's in USA. Especially their HTA wheeled turbo's. I ve got one of their gt3076 HTA units on my evo and that makes 610hp at 1.9 bar

hothatch

Hya mate, I'm probaly willing to spend 800 quid on a turbo will be looking for some more advise when I'm ready to buy one, only started building the engine so pistons are first, then I need to pick a manifold. I want to achieve around 250 to 300 bhp, reliably. I would be more than happy with that :) I'm going to need some help picking a turbo when I have the manifold made up though so I can get the right flange welded on the end.

wicked

It's not only the flange that has to match, the model of the turbo has to fit with the manifold. The evo turbo rotates in the other direction, so the turbine housing is mirrored.

So I don't think an evo turbo fits a DP manifold, even with adapter to make the flange fit (if attached to an engine).

Evo turbo's are good value for money btw...

DP manifold are expensive, but take in account that it takes a lot of hours to make one. So a custom build one will be expensive as well (if not done by yourself).

Sign in to follow this