• Welcome to 205GTIDrivers.com!

Hello dear visitor! Feel free to browse but we invite you to register completely free of charge in order to enjoy the full functionality of the website.

Sign in to follow this  
Simes

Streetline Kit....again

cybernck

incidentally, i got some eibach sportlinekit red springs (supposed to lower the car by 55 mm)

and on the box it said they were for a 106, not 205, though mattcony had the same isse with

his eibach springs. i checked with eibach and they said the springs were the right ones though :huh:.

when we put them on the 205 mi16 which already has some 20-30 mm lowering springs

(and obviously more weight on front wheels than a std GTI), they acually raised

the car by a cm or two :D.

after some longer drives over a short period of time, they seemed to drop down by

odd 2-3 cm, but it was still not what we expected.

btw, they're progressive (on both ends) so initially a bit too soft and comfy for my

liking, but that should help when going over a bumpy road i guess though i haven't

tested them very thoroughly as we took them off and replaced with the old ones (which

bring the car up a cm now :blink:), but i'll put them on my GTI when i get some new shocks.

Simes

Got the new springs from Eibach and are for a 106, they have done the job though and it rides real nice as they are progressive.

So iif anyone wants the lowering springs from Eibach may I make a recommendation that you get the 7001-120 ones for 106 rather than the 7004-120 which originally are for the 205 but a simply designed for a heavier car.

Pics to follow once the PSC uploader is fixed.

Simon

Edited by Simes

fiji bob

wonder which ones ive got i can just get two fingers into the wheelarch gap

Simes

Fuji Bob,

It should have the model number on the springs, around the middle of the coil,

Guest Big D

At the weekend I put a streetline kit onto my 205 track car and it makes it sit about 30mm lower at the front than standard.

I then adjusted the rear torsion bar and it sits really nice now.

Only been up and down the drive a couple of times so still not at all beded in

Dave

Guest dean0

The paper that came with the springs from Eibach says 7004-120 but I just looked on my springs and they are EW 7004-001 VA :D . Wish I'd noticed that before I put them on the car.

Guest dean0

Just been on the Eibach website, the stamping on the spring is different from the part number. DOH! The softer springs (7004 001) are for the phase 2 GTI so I've got the right ones, they also lower by 30-40mm instead of 25-30mm in case anyone is wondering, they change over on october 1987.

Edited by dean0

cybernck

i'll try to remember to check the part number on mine tomorrow.

Guest suth82

Just been on the phone to eibach,

they clain that E7004.120 will not fit on the GTI and are designed for the deisel for 30-40mm lowering, the part no they recommended for me is E7001.120 which only lowers 25-35mm.

iam looking to lower my pug by 40mm, can anyone recommend springs?

Simes

I've got the 7001 - would recommend these for a 35-40mm drop.

I can get two 1/2 fingers between arch and top of tyre and imagine that it will settle to two fingers.

don't have pics on my work PC, will post latewr if you want.

pacey205

Id like to see pics as im waiting to put my kit on and havent decided upon what springs yet.

Michael

Simes

I should have them tomorrow once I've picked the car up from Jim.

Simes

This was with the original Eibach springs

1066405775__newsuspension.jpg

This is how it is now with the newer Eibach springs

1066405848__nicenlow.jpg

I was on the phone to MSW today and they inform me that Eibach have now changed their catalogue, basically the 2nd lot of springs I received are now the standard ones quoted for the GTI.

pacey205

Nooooooooooooo, I cant see those images and it dosent work if I copy and paste them into the browser either, damn. Could you email them to me please mate, would be much appreciated.

Cheers

Michael

Simes

I'll post some more when I get the car back finished tonight.

Simes

Well tonight became this morning but it got done, thanks to Perfecto for his help and his mum for refreshments!

Have only driven it roughly 40 miles on the motorway (forgot my radio too, Magnex quite noisy!) I can say the ride is firmer but not too bouncy. I've still got to remove some of the bump stop from the front struts.

Turn in is much better and the body roll is much reduced, found myself not slowing down so much for roundabouts, I must mention though that I had my beam rebuilt also which will have made difference also, certainly it doesn't sound like a mouse anymore.

So it's now running, Bilstein Streetline kit, Eibach springs, overhauled rear bear, overhauled front struts using group N rubber mounts front and rear.

finishedfront.jpg

finishedrear.jpg

pacey205

hmmmmmmmmmmmmm, Yum. Thats exactly how I want mine to look. Think I may have tio invest in the eibach springs then 7001's sound the way forward.

Michael

Ahl

Thats the same setup as mine, although I suspect I have the higher Eibach springs.

Simes, could you post up a pic of the car with the older springs?

I might phone up Eibach if this is the case and have a moan at them.

Simes
Thats the same setup as mine, although I suspect I have the higher Eibach springs.

Simes, could you post up a pic of the car with the older springs?

I might phone up Eibach if this is the case and have a moan at them.

Yes yes, the 7004 we think are for the 205STDT which has an iron block hence heavier front end, Eibach should sort you out I've been dealing with them through a third party (MotorsportWorld) and their service has been really good.

Pics then

Original Spec

oldsuspension2.jpg

With Eibach 7004

eibach7004.jpg

with Eibach 7001

finishedfront1.jpg

Ahl

Bastards! They are 7004 springs! :rolleyes:

I bought them back in june or so and have been waiting for them to settle ever since! :D

migti

where is the best place to get group n mounts?,and the cheapest place to get eibach springs?

cheers

GtiMad

That is really interesting, might also be usefull for someone who is going to use an Iron block Mi16 engine. :lol:

GtiMad
i originally used the streetline springs but changed them for eibach ones the first springs lowered the car by about 20-30mm the eibachs dropped the front a bit more

Fijibob,

how did they compare? I could be swayed to swap to these springs....... :lol:

Sign in to follow this