• Welcome to 205GTIDrivers.com!

Hello dear visitor! Feel free to browse but we invite you to register completely free of charge in order to enjoy the full functionality of the website.

Sign in to follow this  
Simes

Streetline Kit....again

Simes

Has anyone else had this?

I've fitted my Bilstein kit and have used Eibach springs instead of the ones provided

I placed all three springs next to each other, the tallest being the OE that came off, then the Eibach and finally the ones with the streetline kit.

My car now sits higher than it did when standard which was not the what I really wanted.

I've heard that springs do take a while to settle but my car is looking like a 4x4 and next week I was supposed to be getting the rear end rebuilt and lowered to match the front.....aggghhhh!

:D:D:)

Guest Brick-IT

I've just found exactly the same with my koni kit - the front is supposed to be lowered by 30mm but it is slightly higher than normal

Simes

Annoying isn't it, although it rides real nice but looks gay.

Guest puggti

Spring should not take that long to settle! Anyone else had this problem>?

Guest ADRIAN
Has anyone else had this?

I've fitted my Bilstein kit and have used Eibach springs instead of the ones provided

I placed all three springs next to each other, the tallest being the OE that came off, then the Eibach and finally the ones with the streetline kit.

My car now sits higher than it did when standard which was not the what I really wanted.

I've heard that springs do take a while to settle but my car is looking like a 4x4 and next week I was supposed to be getting the rear end rebuilt and lowered to match the front.....aggghhhh!

:D:(:)

Can you put a picture to see how tall it is ? :D

Adrian.

fiji bob

simes mine lowered as youd expect although it did take a while to settle to the final height

Simes

Will post pics as soon as,

Fuji Bob, did you use Eibach springs?

Guest d-9

dean0 said he had the same problem with his iirc. He'll probably be online later to comment.

Doof

Might sound daftbut when you put the struts on did they definatly go in all the way and not rest on that notch thing on the back of the strut?

fiji bob

i originally used the streetline springs but changed them for eibach ones the first springs lowered the car by about 20-30mm the eibachs dropped the front a bit more

did you check to make sure youve got 205 springs? they sent me 306 ones the first time

Edited by fiji bob

Simes
Might sound daftbut when you put the struts on did they definatly go in all the way and not rest on that notch thing on the back of the strut?

Yes! All the way in,

Fuji,

I'll check the springs out, on the box it says 205 Diesel and 206.....you maybe onto something there!

fiji bob

ill see if i can find the receipt for mine to check what model they were for

Simes

Mine are, according to the receipt and box, Prokit 205D - they can also be used for the 206HDi.

Fuji Bob,

Did you compare them in length to your OE springs?

Could the Shocks, due to them being partly gas actually be raising the ride height? I know that this is not normally the case but........ :):D

fiji bob

i probably compared them to the bilstein ones but i cant remember how they compared tbh

fiji bob

your best bet would be to ring eibach to make sure the bloke was pretty helpfull when i phoned to get the springs replaced

Simes

Checked my receipt/box and the ref. no. from MSW and they are the correct springs.

When I put them next to the 'Bilstein' ones they were taller.

fiji bob

the bilstein ones arent progressive though so the eibach springs should compress easier to begin with and get harder as you press on them

Simes

I'll give Eibach a call tomorrow, see what they say.....anyone else had this? Am I just too impatient? :)

Anthony

Are there different springs for GTi and non-GTi 205's?

Just I'm thinking that the GTi is lower than the non-GTi's as standard, and therefore if you're fitting springs designed for a non-GTi, they might not lower by as much as you think (as they'll be dropping the car xxmm from the standard non-GTi ride height)

Just seems a little odd that the box mentioned 205 Diesel and 206HDi but makes no mention of GTi models anywhere....

Simes

Spoken to Eibach, they are the correct springs for my car but apparently there is a lighter spring for the 205 which they have advised me to get instead.

:):D lets hope!

Guest dean0

I've had the same problem with mine. They've settled a little after about 2000 miles but I still don't need to lower the back of my car from standard. Next time I'm home and can see my car I'll put up the part nos on the springs, it'd be interesting to see what part nos you guys have been given.

Ahl

again, ive got the same setup and it took months and quite a few miles to settle!

Still looks quite high even still.

The orignal springs that came off it were taller too, but the car sat quite low, probably because the springs were knackered and too soft.

Handles really well though! :)

Simes

Heree's the pics

before

1065460526__oldsuspension.jpg

new set up

1065460570__newsuspension.jpg

arch with new springs etc..

1065460699__wheelarch.jpg

Spring comparison - OE, Eibach and 'Bilstein'

1065460644__springcomparison.jpg

as I mentioned I've spoken to Eibach and they will be sending me a lighter spring to try out, I'll let you know the results.

Edited by Simes

Guest ADRIAN

looks high like it is on oe ones.

My friend has Eibach and his car is low.

Sign in to follow this