• Welcome to 205GTIDrivers.com!

Hello dear visitor! Feel free to browse but we invite you to register completely free of charge in order to enjoy the full functionality of the website.

Sign in to follow this  
samthornton1990

[rally_prep] 205 Road Rally Project

samthornton1990

Little update on this.....

Had a problem with the idle (sitting at 2500rpm) turns out a little screw needed adjusting.... something to do with air flow I read, either way did the job.

Also got some black mudflaps, hella 3000s, brackets for the mudflaps, PTS grill sticker, tow sticker and that's it for now.

Going to sort out a stud conversion, lamp brackets and potentially a cage by May. All going on in late may :D

matt.f

Nice

samthornton1990

Ok got a bit carried away :ph34r: ..... Cage will be here on Sunday, too much of a steal to not buy now. Haven't quite figured out how to get it back to Harrogate yet <_<.

Pictures going up on Sunday!

samthornton1990

Got the cage today :D the same guy has numerous bucket seats and harnesses kicking about too so I will be paying him a visit again :)

Just for when I put it in.... does anyone know what size box section I need for the foot plates?

20120325_113310.jpg

And I also got some Hella 3000s, Mudflaps + Brackets and some black rivets for the brackets and the roof when I get round to doing it

20120325_115240.jpg

Last thing on the list before I go home now is a stud conversion. Sorted the right set of discs out for the brake conversion too..... So all is well

Edited by samthornton1990

matt.f

3mm steel plate and you need to weld nuts on the underside.box them in properly like I said before mate.will pm you my number and just give us a ring if you get stuck

samthornton1990

Cage is getting resprayed red I have decided.... bike parts can wait :P

hudson

by the looks of things youll be out sooner than next years ryemore mate why not come down and do the garstang and preston in june no point in putting things off now you have the bit between your teeth very little whites and some excellent fast roads round me here

samthornton1990

Haha, I haven't got a navigator and the cage and that aren't off in it till later on. And I'll be a wee skint too cause of all this. Hoping that my Dad will maybe nav for us on the Illuminations as it's my 22nd birthday that night :)

samthornton1990

Steve, just checked out the entry fee.... I am very tempted to enter that one..... If I can find a navigator!

hudson

do it youll be hooked once youve done one what car club you in mate

samthornton1990

I'm in Ripon bud. Ilkley have several 12 cars at the end of the year so I'm hoping to get in on them to get some practice down. My friends a sailor so hes pretty confident he can nav for me

samthornton1990

Progress.... Finally.

Came home this week and got the shafts, brakes, hubs etc fitted :) the brakes are brilliant, had a few troubles at first mainly the pedal kept hitting the floor so we bled the whole system this morning.....

The fluid that came out was horrific

20120411_074820.jpg

20120411_074828.jpg

Brakes were fine after that :)

20120410_122325.jpg

Then I had to get some new wheels as the pepperpots were rubbing, loaned some rallye steals off a mate.... got some 1.9 alloys now, pics up later

20120410_142157.jpg

My mate then insisted on getting rid of the little tailpipe and adding some 2" stainless instead

20120410_145808.jpg

then disaster struck..... towing a mates bmw..... massive fail.

Ripped the towing eye off and recked the rear valance, fortunately my Dads mate had one spare so I sorted one out today

20120410_202309.jpg

Didn't bother putting the eye back on, either way it'd have been to weak to tow again so we just left it off.

Hoping to get the stud conversion on tomorrow so I will have some more pictures.

matt.f

What exhaust is it mate,looks cool?

Have you been Reading the thread on britishrally about road rallies?

samthornton1990

It's the standard exhaust with a 2inch tip... my mates a bit of a whizz kid with a welder.

I haven't no..... I have been in portugal and scotland for the last 2 weeks.

What's it about? Send me a link.

Will Eastman

Yeh that exhaust looks tidy, imho what the exhaust should have been from factory. Do you reckon I could get a garage to do this to mine?? Is it pointing straight out or is it angled?

samthornton1990

Basically it's had an inch or two or chopped off and then had this slotted on and welded up, I'll get a picture when I get back up to uni

bensonmi

if i where you id try and sort out some kind of rear owing eye, maybe even one of those TRS strap type ones, just in case you need to be towed out of a hedge backwards!

samthornton1990

It won't be getting used anymore... my pocket is rather empty so this is stopping, rear beam is better to tow off than that towing eye

samthornton1990

Bit of an update on this.... slowly sorting bit out, going home at the end of the month, so this will be going up for sale in June, going to refurb the alloys, sort the hinge pins out, new foglights, towing eye back on, getting some b4s up front as the dampers are on the way out. If anyones interested let me know. Looking for £1600 ono with a fresh 6 months tax and it'll have 6 months test!

welshpug

sorry to say but B4's wont be anywhere near up to the task of road rallies!

samthornton1990

It's getting sold standardish bar the brakes and engine lol I had b4s on the 306, they were pretty good for fast road use..... Sold everything I have now just need to sort the little bits out so I looks it's best.

samthornton1990

Here is the car as it stand, the rear had badges on now though!

Plans are weld the towing eye back on

New fog lights on the front

refurb the alloys and get new centre caps

Sort the door drop out

And get some b4s wacked on the front!

Then polish it!

158.jpg

159.jpg

160.jpg

161.jpg

162.jpg

• Like 1

samthornton1990

Little up date on this.... spent a good £80 odd on paint and centre caps, wheels should be done by next week :D then it's just fogs... turns out I don't need new dampers the banging was my caliper loosening it's self :(

samthornton1990

And I got a few pics :)

Enjoy

008.jpg

0102.jpg

0183.jpg

022.jpg

0232.jpg

rallyjonesy205

sorry to hear you are selling the car. sounds like you have had fun tinkering like i have with mine.