• Welcome to 205GTIDrivers.com!

Hello dear visitor! Feel free to browse but we invite you to register completely free of charge in order to enjoy the full functionality of the website.

Sign in to follow this  
barrass

Weber Alpha,is It All That ?

Miles

Omex don't re-brand Jenvey's they just sell them as they are, The linkage come's in 2 parts now for some unknown reason, The price is the same on Omex's web site but as said the loom is just a generic loom as is the map,

Yes the trumpets are that length so you don;t have to mod anything under the bonnet

TBC WEBER 45s

I run it. With the engine i have with dizzy was pretty dire, fitted alpha and its spot on even though its only running 2d not 3d at the moment. Got mine set up at aldon automotive, in my opinion they are fantastic and local for me too. Throttle bodies are always better but if it is the option you can afford then its not a bad one. I got my ecu and loom for £150 all in and took it because Aldons are so local for me (25 mins) If it was over an hour would have maybe thought twice.

so what was the playoff between the diz and the alpha and was this on crabs or bodies

edbar

Its running 45 dcoe carbs, didnt get a graph of the dizzy set up but the bum dyno said that with mapped ignition there was a difference. After getting the alpha system mapped the mid and low range improved alot and driveability was massively improved.

TBC WEBER 45s

Its running 45 dcoe carbs, didnt get a graph of the dizzy set up but the bum dyno said that with mapped ignition there was a difference. After getting the alpha system mapped the mid and low range improved alot and driveability was massively improved.

can I ask what diz was you using was it the 1.9 & was the advanced timing disconnected

kyepan

In that case, the demon tweaks advert is very misleading. To my eye it reads like a plug and play setup...

Quite apart from the other comments about the manifold design and trumpet length.

Baz

Aren't they all, the Emerald '1620' kit (bodies & Ecu etc) is neither complete or £1620 for an 16v XU either. Although at last they've stopped calling it that, but still haven't made it any less confusing by the seems of it! If you were serious about purchasing such a setup you'd investigate it further and clearly find that out for yourself though... you would've thought.

Edit: Spellign.

Edited by Baz
  • Like 1

stu8v

so what was the playoff between the diz and the alpha and was this on crabs or bodies

Bare in mind given there age most if not all distributors will about worn out........

Leading to poor performance.

Mapped ignition is the next step to replace it, but given the costs you may as well go the whole hog and get full management.

welshpug

my 205 is on proper ecu controlled ignition and I noticed a vast improvement in manners and drivability, fuel economy plus power and torque were up quite a bit.

all I did was fit the coilpack a crank sensor and suitable flywheel, and the ecu of course :D

Sign in to follow this